1.    #1  
    Well guys, here it is straight from their mouths...

After 3+ on hold I spoke to them. Here's the good news, when you get your tracking you will also get the confirmation that you paid $149 for the 32gb.

Now for the bad news...

She said they will be cancelling a HUGE amount of the orders placed for the 32gb version that they got over the weekend. I placed mine Saturday night and have pretty much came to the understanding that I don't have a chance in hell.

Sorry, but I know a lot of you are probably on hold with bright eyes and bushy tails right now.
    Hm, did she say why? Seems strange that it's only happening to the 32gb models.

Either way, thanks for the info!
  3.    #3  
    I'm betting that the 32gb version should have been pulled when the 16gb one was.
    I'm approaching 3.5 hours on hold now. Just cancelling accessory orders. The price has dropped locally, so once I finally cancel with HP, I'm heading to Staples! Wish I could modify the orders online! Geeeeeezzzzzz....LOL
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I called this afternoon - same exact story as the OP. Some orders from the weekend will be cancelled, and we should get emails by the end of the week either way. Hopefully Sat 11:00 am will make the cut

On the bright side, I only waited 20 minutes on the phone before I got through.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    JUST arrived in my inbox:

Dear valued HP Shopping customer,
    Thank you for purchasing an HP TouchPad. We have been working to meet the overwhelming demand and are pleased to inform you that you will be receiving your TouchPad soon.
    Orders will be filled in priority based on your day and time of purchase:
    16GB model will begin to ship the week of September 5, 2011

32GB model will begin to ship the week of September 12, 2011

If you purchased a TouchPad at the original price ($399.99 for 16GB and $499.99 for 32GB), your credit card payment will be adjusted to reflect the new price ($99.99 for 16GB and $149.99 for 32GB). Further, if you have decided to cancel your order, please respond to this message by Friday, August 26.
    Thank you for being a valued HPShopping.ca customer and for your patience as we process your order.
    Enjoy your TouchPad!

---

Mixed feelings - APPEARS that it will ship, but not for another 3 weeks...
    Also... how many will be shipped (if multiple devices in order)?
    Partial shipment, full shipment? Happy that I got the e-mail nonetheless.

FYI, I put my order in at 6AM Saturday morning.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Got the exact same email....BUT....I NEVER ordered a TouchPad! Only accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by lynmarti View Post
    JUST arrived in my inbox:

Dear valued HP Shopping customer,
    Thank you for purchasing an HP TouchPad. We have been working to meet the overwhelming demand and are pleased to inform you that you will be receiving your TouchPad soon.
    Orders will be filled in priority based on your day and time of purchase:
    16GB model will begin to ship the week of September 5, 2011

32GB model will begin to ship the week of September 12, 2011

If you purchased a TouchPad at the original price ($399.99 for 16GB and $499.99 for 32GB), your credit card payment will be adjusted to reflect the new price ($99.99 for 16GB and $149.99 for 32GB). Further, if you have decided to cancel your order, please respond to this message by Friday, August 26.
    Thank you for being a valued HPShopping.ca customer and for your patience as we process your order.
    Enjoy your TouchPad!

---

Mixed feelings - APPEARS that it will ship, but not for another 3 weeks...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Interesting...I actually have two orders outstanding...1 for the TP and 1 for accessories. I really wonder, then, which the email refers to (since it doesn't actually reference the order #). I'll hope for the best, I guess.