Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    As of one of the new members of the webOS community, I am simply loving my TouchPad. However, this morning, after two days of wonderful use, the TP stated that my Google Account needed me to log in. I typed and retyped the proper credentials, only to have the TP say the "account credentials you entered are incorrect."

This is untrue. I checked credentials on all my other devices and they are working properly.

Is this common? I even deleted the account and tried to re-establish it, but to no avail.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I experienced this as well, however deleting the account, closing the accounts card, and then readding it fixed that for me. Also be careful when typing. I say this because this keyboard, while amazing, is also very sensitive and if your not careful to press only the letter you want when you press a key, if your finger slides even a bit, it will select another letter!

hope this helps!
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I'm having this problem - simply cannot get it to sign-in - checked the passwords and nothing is happening.
    I had this problem a couple times with both my Google and Hotmail accounts. I deleted them from my mail app and then entered them again. This solved my problem.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I had this problem a couple times with both my Google and Hotmail accounts. I deleted them from my mail app and then entered them again. This solved my problem.
    Do I need to add it to the mail client first? I'm trying to add it to the synergy thingy?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Do I need to add it to the mail client first? I'm trying to add it to the synergy thingy?
    If you add it to Synergy it adds the account everywhere.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    If you add it to Synergy it adds the account everywhere.
    Then it ain't working at the moment - says the details are incorrect, I've checked and they are fine.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    What a muppet - just in case this happens to someone else:

It's because I have two factor authitication set up on my account, so obviously, I have to go into Google itself to get a one-time pass word....

Hope that helps someone else...
    Thanks so much for that. Totally forgot about the double verification thing
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. Tried entering the password many times. I don't use the two-step verification thing.
    Any other solution?
    I read somewhere about punctuation marks in the password. Is this true?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm kinda' in the same boat. Started getting a prompt to reenter password into gmail. Tried many times then, in frustration, deleted my gmail account from my TouchPad. I had similar problems in re-establishing gmail then did a manual setup to get the server names, ports and encryption settings to match Google's recommended profile for IMAP found at Configuring other mail clients - Gmail Help. Success!

Kinda'. I then discovered that my Google contacts and calendar entries were gone!! I've had no luck in adding Google accounts for those.

Did Google change something recently without notification? Are they activating two-factor authentication without giving users the capability to opt out? I use a complex password that worked for the gmail account. Still no contacts or events.

Paint me confused and irritated.
    Same problem here, but found the problem; Two step authentication!!!
    could not log in saying wrong credentials, but after disabling the the two step authentication
    I could login with no problems!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michkoopt View Post
    Same problem here, but found the problem; Two step authentication!!!
    could not log in saying wrong credentials, but after disabling the the two step authentication
    I could login with no problems!!!
    You can use two step authentication. You just have to use an application specific password which you create on your google account settings.

Sent from my HP TouchPad "TypoMatic™" using Tapatalk Pro.
    I am having the same problem on my Touchpad, but even when I generate a password from Google, it doesn't work. I've tried multiple times.

I'm terrified of deleting the account because if it doesn't work, I will lose pretty much all the important data I have. But I think that's what I'm going to try.
    Yep, no dice. Whenever I try to add or configure a Google account, it just spins on the "Signing in..." screen indefinitely.

And now I have no contacts, no e-mail, no calendar, etc.
    Same here (Pre2). I recently changed my email password on another account & wondered if this had somehow confused the machine. I ended up deleting the google account and re-adding. No go.

I've tried adding google in accounts and via the calendar app preferences. When clicking 'sign in' the wheel spins on the button for a few minutes. Sometimes it seems to work, then tells me the account won't work with calendar. Some times it just fails with, "Unknown Error".

So I pulled out the Pre3 which I haven't used for maybe a couple of weeks. I put the new password in for email and that was fine. The calendar didn't look right until I realised date and time was wrong. I reset the clock, it resynced and everything was fine.

Both these phones are accessing the same accounts.

Hmmm....
    @ rubyji

I tried again.

Here's what I did:
    NOTE: This is on a Pre2 - different device and software version (2.2.4).

1. The first time I deleted the google account, all google data on the device was transferred to the built in Palm account.
    2. I opened the accounts app in 'System' and removed google.
    3. I restarted the phone
    4. I opened the calendar app, and from the top left drop down menu, I selected Preferences and Accounts.
    5. From there I added google.
    6. It took a little bit of grey spinning disk (1min?) before it went to the next screen. I selected what services I wanted to use from google (calendar, obviously) and clicked the green, 'Create' button.
    7. This all went Ok, then there was a notification that the calendar was syncing (another minute?)
    8. I now have everything back. Old stuff is now duplicated, but that's better than lost.

I hope that helps.
    Has anyone resolved how to log into gmail with 2-step verification enabled? I had it set up and one day it just said it could no longer sync. I have deleted the account and attempted to create new one-use passwords for the TouchPad, but every time I try to log in, it says "Unknown Error".

The fact that it used to work and then just one day stopped is what gets me. I didn't change anything. I just came in, saw the TP on my charger and it had the account error/sync error, and it hasn't worked since. I've tried rebooting and all that good stuff.

I got everything to work just fine on my Nook Color with CM10.1, but can't get the TP back in shape. Not sure what to do and I've searched around but haven't yet found an answer.

Any help would be appreciated.
    On a Pre 3, but all I can say is what's been said before: Go to Google and create an Application Password. Careful typing it in (no spaces either, I think?) and it should be fine. You shouldn't even have to delete the old account, just update the password manually in the webOS Accounts app.

Any time I've had trouble with this it was because I was doing something wrong with the 2-step nonsense, not my Pre's fault. Also, I believe those app passwords expire periodically. No warning though. Just one day your device complains it can't contact the mothership.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    On a Pre 3, but all I can say is what's been said before: Go to Google and create an Application Password. Careful typing it in (no spaces either, I think?) and it should be fine. You shouldn't even have to delete the old account, just update the password manually in the webOS Accounts app.

Any time I've had trouble with this it was because I was doing something wrong with the 2-step nonsense, not my Pre's fault. Also, I believe those app passwords expire periodically. No warning though. Just one day your device complains it can't contact the mothership.
    That's what the problem is. I've tried creating an app password dozens of times and it keeps giving me "unknown error" every time I try to log into the account on the TP. The first time I ever did it, it worked without issue. Then it just didn't connect one day and I've been unable to get it to work since (nowhere on Google have I seen it say passwords expire). I've tried both with and without spaces to no avail. I've not had any issues with setting up my rooted Nook Color to connect, but the TP just refuses to log in. It's super frustrating because it did work and nothing changed since.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast