1.    #1  
    from what i understand that when one re-installs webos on their touchpad from webosdoctor they have to have a webos account in order to be able to use that touchpad, is this correct?

and if one cant access a webos account then they cant use thier touchpad and its a "brick"?

What happens when the webOS server shutdown one day and we cant reinstall the webOS software bc it wont be able to access the webOS account online?
    We can reinstall through webdoctor but we dont be able to get past the screen where you log into the webos account?

im new this whole deal and am wondering what i am supposed to do i have to resintall webOS bc of whatever reason but then cant activate it...?

any ideaS?

THANKS ALL
  2.    #2  
    BUMP
    There are ways to get the Touchpad and other webOS devices to bypass activation. Some people did it with demo units prior to HP activating the demo serial numbers. I haven't tried it personally and with activation bypassed, I believe some Synergy features don't work, but it will be an option should the webos accounts servers ever disappear. Search for "bypass activation" and you'll find posts on how to do it.

Alternatively, already people are working hard to get Android on the tablets. If worse came to worse and HP did shut down the servers - something I wouldn't expect for years anyway - Android will likely be an option.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    There are ways to get the Touchpad and other webOS devices to bypass activation. Some people did it with demo units prior to HP activating the demo serial numbers. I haven't tried it personally and with activation bypassed, I believe some Synergy features don't work, but it will be an option should the webos accounts servers ever disappear. Search for "bypass activation" and you'll find posts on how to do it.

Alternatively, already people are working hard to get Android on the tablets. If worse came to worse and HP did shut down the servers - something I wouldn't expect for years anyway - Android will likely be an option.

what are the chances that one can brick thier touchpad by trying to put android on it..lol is it going to be complicated? lots of editing files?