1.    #1  
    I've been a TP owner for 5 days now... and I still unable to force or accept an update to 3.0.2.

I've tried the Software Updates (giftbox icon) in Settings probably ~30+ times... most of the time it times out with "Unable to connect" error. Occationally (maybe 1 in 10 times?) I get "No Updates Available" message.

Is there another way I should be getting the 3.0.2 upgrade? Is there a way of forcing it or downloading it some other way?

Is this just because of the firesale and everyone is swarming the upgrade servers?

What are others experiencing?

Do I just need to be patient?

Thanks

Toppers
    The servers are probably being overloaded.
    If you don't have that much data, alternatively you can do a doctor upgrade. Doctor the tablet straight to 3.0.2 offline.
  4.    #4  
    Hi Tony,

If I do the webOS Doctor install I've read that the TP is wiped clean... will the Apps I have already purchased be lost or will I get them back (i.e. is my purchase recorded somewhere?).

Thanks

Toppers
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
    Hi Tony,

If I do the webOS Doctor install I've read that the TP is wiped clean... will the Apps I have already purchased be lost or will I get them back (i.e. is my purchase recorded somewhere?).

Thanks

Toppers
    Your app purchases are stored on the Palm Profile servers. It'll automatically re-download.
    Apps in your Profile will be restored after running the webOS doctor but data in apps will not -- such as game scores, etc. If you have not already done so, install Preware and then install Save/Restore.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    If you have not already done so, install Preware and then install Save/Restore.
    Thanks BC, but wouldn't doing a restore revert my TP back to the original OS version (or is it selective)?
    Thanks BC, but wouldn't doing a restore revert my TP back to the original OS version (or is it selective)?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2321414
  9.    #9  
    Wow, that is very cool. Thanks.
    Wow, that is very cool. Thanks.
    It's a very cool community (for the most part)
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!