Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By milominderbinde
  • 1 Post By Syndil
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

Did crappy hardware doom the HP TouchPad?
    By Sean Portnoy | August 22, 2011, 4:04am PDT

Did crappy hardware doom the HP TouchPad? | ZDNet

Summary: An interesting report has emerged from the postmortem for the TouchPad, the webOS-based tablet that HP dumped last week as part of a surprise pivot for the company away from consumer products. According to The Next Web, members of the webOS team have claimed that the hardware HP chose to build the TouchPad around was [...]
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    No
    Of course no. Galaxy 10.1 is more sluggish that but no one is mentioning that. Why?
    i don't believe it to be so...i handled a demo and it felt solid...but at the price of the fire sale...so one will have a complaint if you get the light cracking i read on week one touchpads
    It was not crappy hardware. It was a near-perfect copy of the original iPad. The market had just moved on to the next generation six months earlier.

The other issue is apps. Much of what people said that the TOuchPad couldn't do was in fact not built into the iPad either but an app.
    ilovedessert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Look at android for example. It runs like butter.
    I hope you're kidding. Android is not polished at all. It doesn't run smoothly. The Galaxy 10.1 I tested was changing between screens much more laggier than webos is changing cards.
    Crappy hardware as in cheap-feeling, plastic case that is prone to cracking? Yes.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    ilovedessert likes this.