Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
  • 1 Post By noseph
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I was an original Palm Pre user and loved every minute of it. I was one of the first to homebrew my Pre and follow it's evolution. Over time, I remember there was a way where you could search homebrew apps on your phone and download them straight to your phone and run them, no longer needing a computer.

Is that possible with the touchpad? I'm not seeing anything about it anywhere.
    That's Preware. You can install that with WebOS Quick Install
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Typo Lad likes this.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Okay, so feel free to laugh at me, cause i'm really drawing a blank here, but when I downloaded the Preware info, it literally walked me through all the steps to put the pad in debug mode, download webosquickinstall, the doctor, etc and still use my computer.

Am I missing something really simple.

Sorry, it's 4am and I can't stop playing with this thing
    Preware is the app you install via WebOS Quick Install. Preware is an on-device homebrew packager manager.

Do note: Preware Homebrew Documentation is a different app from Preware. One is the documentation app for the other

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    This is pry a really stupid question, but on the touchpad, you only have the option to use it as a usb drive or cancel. charging the device isn't an option and the webos won't find my device.

Am I missing something here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil1528 View Post
    This is pry a really stupid question, but on the touchpad, you only have the option to use it as a usb drive or cancel. charging the device isn't an option and the webos won't find my device.

Am I missing something here?
    Choose "Cancel". Oddly, HP changed the button's label for webOS 3.0.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I have installed java, both os utilities and plugged in my tablet and still it won't recognize it. What else can it be?

I remember having this problem with my pre but can't remember the issue. I think it just randomly started working or I had to do it all in a certain order
    Try doing the "Reinstall Novacom" option on the No-Devices-Detected error. May need to restart your computer after that completes. Also, make sure you're using the current version of WOSQI

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Do not forget the step to put the TouchPad into developer mode.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Typo Lad likes this.