1.    #1  
    I searched the touchpad forum here and didn't find much of anything.

I am looking for a note taking application that can support the use of a stylus pen (hand writing with the pen). Even better if it can read handwriting and turn it into text (electronic text for searching notes later with keyterms and such)/

If there is not already, is there future plans for one or any works in progress for this that anyone knows about?

Thanks
    Evernote was supposed to have a tablet version, but who knows now.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Did anyone try Dagi stylus on HP TouchPad, ever?
    Hand-writing recognition on TouchPad would be awesome, especially for CJVK and Hebrew/Arabic writing, anyone porting that?

OT: how hard, or easy, to replace "system" fonts with ones which support Unicode/more non-Latin alphabets and glyphs?

OT again: Are there any good drawing/painting apps for HP TP, even if in the cloud only?
    Quote Originally Posted by aludal View Post
    Did anyone try Dagi stylus on HP TouchPad, ever?
    Hand-writing recognition on TouchPad would be awesome, especially for CJVK and Hebrew/Arabic writing, anyone porting that?
    I haven't heard of that brand, but I picked up a Rocketfish Touchscreen Stylus at Best Buy last week, and it doesn't work that bad when you can get it to work. (You have to push down on the screen with the pen harder than I'd expect, which isn't terrible, but it gets the job done.) Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by aludal View Post
    OT again: Are there any good drawing/painting apps for HP TP, even if in the cloud only?
    I use Just Draw, which I believe is still free. You can choose your color, brush size, and even background color or image.

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
  5.    #5  
    I know this would be a killer feature to have, quite s few friends of mine got one for business and want to write notes from meetings, etc on it, then have it store it in electronic text through handwriting recognition. Imagine being able to search terms in your notes or tags for each one. Being able to have separate notes for different projects instead of a notepad that randomly has notes from different projects in it that makes it near impossible to find what you are looking for.

probably would be best for HP to build hand recognition into the is and have apps take advantage of this. Any talk from palm or hp to suggest they are doing this?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Dagi stylus is this:

Too many people think there's just two types of capacitive stuluses: a brush and a dead finger imitation. Both are very imprecise: think of an error in order half finger thickness. Handwriting & recognition with these styli is out of question, unless you decide to write with letters 1 inch tall. With Dagi stylus, nothing has changed to your capacitive screen, it's the same having a minimal sensitive circle of 5-8 mm. This radius excludes any sort of OCR on such a "drunken" letters. What has changed is you have transparent active disk instead of your finger or brush, plus it has aiming dot.

So, you can write with it in your usual manner. That is, in small letters. Pity that the webOS on HP TouchPad development has received such a blow.
    bump. It's been 2 months. Anyone found a nice handwriting app yet? I would love to draw diagrams on my touchpad if thats possible
    Nuttypad. In beta currently but very promising. Do a search on the forums.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities