1.    #1  
    For those who purchased the Care Pack, how do you think HP will take care of us? Will they just decide some day it wasn't a good idea, and either deny the coverage or refund the money. Or will they attempt to honor it some how?
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    I talked to someone on the plam customer service chat and they said that the care packs purchased will still be under warranty as if the product was not discontinued. Though I wonder how hard it will be to get a replacement later on if something does happen to it.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Check with Hparsons - I believe he got a refund with no problems at all.
  4.    #4  
    I don't want a refund, as I plan on keeping my TP. The whole thing just worries me a bit.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Everything I have heard has given zero indication that care pack would not be warranted or honored.

I don't think you will have any problems.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I was considering getting a refund for mine too, but if I can keep my TP it will be nice to know that they would be able to replace mine and I am guaranteed get a full year out of my discontinued touchpad.
    HP is contractually obligated to honor the Care Packs that have been purchased and I'm confident they will fulfill that responsibility.
    Well as an Hp employee We are being told that we are honoring ALL warranty's.

Mo.
    Nice!!! The price drop just convinced me to get it. $49 for an extra year isn't TOO bad...
    Nifty.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).