Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    My two orders show unable to process, call this phone number which is the Sales Audit department (probably one person) and only get a voice-mail saying they are swamped and can't take your call, please call back. I ordered them between 1:30 AM - 1:45A this morning and got order confirmation e-mails shortly after that. Pretty sure they can't fulfill the orders and now have to wait for a credit until I can call in? Crazy ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    This is SO frustrating!

I got the "Unable to process order. Please call 1-877-379-0036..." message on my order for 2 units also. So I have tried to call a few times to fix things.

B&N makes you enter you order # and zip code, then they transfer you and you get the "We are too busy to talk to you right now, call back later" and they hang up on you.

Why can't they just tell you up front "We are too busy to talk right now, try again later" before you enter your order number & zip code.

B&N is a paper book company in the process of going bankrupt! They're probably trying to figure out what the HPTP looks like so they can go to their warehouse and look for them ..... .... ... .. .
    If you end up with extra ones, PM me and I will buy them from you ...
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmp32 View Post
    Unfortunately, a pre-authorization / hold can take 5 days to drop off.
    I realize that. I mean did anyone see the charge on their credit card then get a cancellation email from BN?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chaloney View Post
    I realize that. I mean did anyone see the charge on their credit card then get a cancellation email from BN?
    The order won't be processed without some form of payment. So they auth the credit card, or get funding from Paypal (who charged your CC or your bank, or other). In this case, they simply are accepting payment for orders they apparently can't fill.

If the charge actually posts to you account, that is probably a good sign. But even posting will take 1-2 business days.
    Just got a cancellation email. :-(
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Mine got rejected even though I bought mine last night.
    It is not meant to be

I thought I was lucky 247012345 - I mean, luuucky
    Last edited by Rkguy; 08/22/2011 at 04:53 PM.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    No cancellation yet.
    The TouchPad is no longer on B&N's site. But I have not been cancelled yet... so Obi Wan, there is hope...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Just got cancelled.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Placed the order at 3:30AM and just got the cancellation notice even though they actually charged my card as opposed to a pre-authorization hold.
    Just got my cancellation email. My purchase went thru at 8:57am. So bummed.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Madness!
    I'll tell you what makes me mad, having to check back to this site every few hours to see where the new deal is. this is frustrating and eating up $100s of my time. Phooey.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    nyrath likes this.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    My order just got cancelled. Ordered 9 min after deal posted to Slickdeals (very near to real time). 24700xxx Order # . No email though, only noticed this on the order status page
    Last edited by danstah; 08/22/2011 at 04:42 PM.
    Just got the cancellation email. Ordered last night soon after the info was posted.

"Due to unexpected customer demand for this item, our inventory was depleted prior to your order being processed so we are unable to fulfill this item as requested. Consequently, we have canceled your order and you will not be billed for this amount.

You may see an authorization on your credit or debit card for the order, but please be assured you will not be charged. The authorization will be released in accordance with your bank's policies."
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I sincerely hope they actually processed in the order of receipt.
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Just got the cancellation email. Ordered last night soon after the info was posted.

"Due to unexpected customer demand for this item, our inventory was depleted prior to your order being processed so we are unable to fulfill this item as requested. Consequently, we have canceled your order and you will not be billed for this amount.

You may see an authorization on your credit or debit card for the order, but please be assured you will not be charged. The authorization will be released in accordance with your bank's policies."
    Can you post your order number partial. Mine is "27406xxxx". I also choose express delivery ordering 2 16GB models...

thanks.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    For the people who have had thier orders cancelled - how many did you order of which model?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewT3 View Post
    For the people who have had thier orders cancelled - how many did you order of which model?
    2x16GB.

Interstingly, no email yet. I found out refreshing my order webpage.
    24702XXXX cancelled.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast