Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 275
Like Tree21Likes
  1. #121  
    damn.. had to be on vacation for this to happen!
  2. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by maduhbee View Post
    damn.. had to be on vacation for this to happen!
    I was 5 minutes from giving up and going to bed when this thread popped up.

    I lost more sleep getting the order placed, but I went to bed much happier than I was going to be. Now, if I can make it to the 24th without a cancellation...
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by firesale View Post
    dki378,
    You must of got one of the last ones. They are showing out of stock now. Here are the details for my order:
    Your Order Number is: 24717xxxx
    Your order was placed on August 22, 2011, 8:27 AM EST

    Expected Ship Date: August 24, 2011
    247179. At the end... Grrrr
  4. slusmiles's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #124  
    My order is in limbo for the moment with the "unable to process order..." message. This is the reponse I got from their twitter help. -->

    The HP Touch Pad sale over the weekend triggered an unprecedented
    response. We are currently reviewing inventory and orders to determine
    the number of requested orders that can be fulfilled for this item.
    Cancellation notices are going out automatically to customers whose
    orders were placed after the inventory was depleted. Please note that
    it?s our policy not to charge a customer?s credit card unless the
    product is shipped. Therefore, even if you have received an
    authorization notification, your card won?t be charged until the product
    is shipped. We sincerely regret any inconvenience.


    Sincerely,

    Dan
    Customer Service Representative
    Barnes & Noble
    Barnes & Noble - Books, Textbooks, eBooks, Toys, Games, DVDs and More
  5. dki378's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by antijingoist View Post
    247179. At the end... Grrrr
    I don't get it?!?! What are you looking for in his order numbers? Here's my order info:

    Order Number: 24720XXXX

    Order Date: August 22, 2011

    Expected Ship Date: August 24, 2011
  6. #126  
    My 24710XXXX order is still showing that it's shipping out on the 24th. No cancellation note, no further details, CC charged.

    I did go with the expedited shipping though, so that may be a deciding factor here. The system may auto-preference orders with faster shipping to get them out sooner and justify the extra price.

    Either way, I've already got my 32gig. I just couldn't help myself and impulse bought this 16gig too...
  7. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #127  
    Mine still says expected shipping is the 24th. IIRC, it said 2-3 days for shipping, so that date is not a concern.
  8. #128  
    Has anyone received a cancellation email after having a ship date?
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by firesale View Post
    Has anyone received a cancellation email after having a ship date?
    Yes. I received a confirmation email and then a shipping email on my original order before they canceled me. No shipping email on my second attempt yet.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
  10. stahl7639's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #130  
    I'm in the same boat as many of you:

    Order Number: 24718####
    Order Date: August 22, 2011
    Expected Ship Date: August 24, 2011

    I placed my order around 8:30am EST. Hopefully I don't get cancelled.

    Also, I did get expedited shipping, which seems to be a major factor with these orders.
  11. #131  
    I finally got a hold of B&N's customer sales because mine was in a funky state with a

    "Unable to process order. Please call 1-877-379-0036, or 212-414-6024, if outside U.S."

    But I was told that after they catch up, notifications will be sent out and that I did place the order while they had inventory. Even their phone system as of about 10am PST is saying that due to the overwhelming orders of the TouchPAD, they were experiencing delays. Oh, and it was an extra $2 for expidied shipping so I paid it from 1-3 day express...

    So, we will see if I get the 2 I ordered... no cancellation yet.

    My order number is significantly lower than I am seeing at "Order Number: 24706####" as well.
    Last edited by hmp32; 08/22/2011 at 01:33 PM.
  12. #132  
    finally talked with a person @ BnN they said "do to the high number of sales they are reviewing all orders to make sure they have enough supply".. "i will receive a confirmation of shipped or cancel in 1-2 days!!!" sounds like my 3 orders will not be honored. we shall see.
    i also orederd a 32gb from pcconnection but no final confirmation yet.
    If by some chance they all come in
    I hope some here will buy one of the extra. Just what i payed and shipping to your door of course.
    crossing fingers
  13. #133  
    This is SO frustrating!

    I got the "Unable to process order. Please call 1-877-379-0036..." message on my order for 2 units also. So I have tried to call a few times to fix things.

    B&N makes you enter you order # and zip code, then they transfer you and you get the "We are too busy to talk to you right now, call back later" and they hang up on you.

    Why can't they just tell you up front "We are too busy to talk right now, try again later" before you enter your order number & zip code.

    geewhiz likes this.
  14. #134  
    Order #: 24722XXXX
    Order Date: August 22, 2011 @ 8:06AM EST
    Shipping Status: In Process: Not Yet Shipped
    Email Received: "Your Order 24722XXXX Has Been Received"

    Called and talked to BnN. She said my order did go through but that it is not for sure that I will get it. They are currently reviewing their inventory and finding out which orders can be filled. She just said keep checking your email between today and tomorrow for an update on whether your order will be shipped or canceled.
    Last edited by LiveDifferent; 08/22/2011 at 02:05 PM.
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveDifferent View Post
    Order #: 24722XXXX
    Order Date: August 22, 2011 @ 8:06AM EST
    Shipping Status: In Process: Not Yet Shipped
    Email Received: "Your Order 24722XXXX Has Been Received"

    Called and talked to BnN. She said my order did go through but that it is not for sure that I will get it. They are currently reviewing their inventory and finding out which orders can be filled. She just said keep checking your email between today and tomorrow for an update on whether your order will be shipped or canceled.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. it is way too difficult to try and get through on the phone, so I'll just watch my email and hope for the best.
  16. stahl7639's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by cptnjarhead View Post
    finally talked with a person @ BnN they said "do to the high number of sales they are reviewing all orders to make sure they have enough supply".. "i will receive a confirmation of shipped or cancel in 1-2 days!!!" sounds like my 3 orders will not be honored. we shall see.
    i also orederd a 32gb from pcconnection but no final confirmation yet.
    If by some chance they all come in
    I hope some here will buy one of the extra. Just what i payed and shipping to your door of course.
    crossing fingers
    When did you place your order?
  17. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #137  
    I wonder how long after BN posted the pricing that this thread was posted. Perhaps the price took effect at midnight eastern? In that case, I got my order in in less than an hour.

    One can always hope!
  18. chaloney's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #138  
    Anyone have their credit card charged and then get cancelled?
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaloney View Post
    Anyone have their credit card charged and then get cancelled?
    Unfortunately, a pre-authorization / hold can take 5 days to drop off.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by stahl7639 View Post
    When did you place your order?
    this morning.
    I didnt expect them to be available and i dont think the will honor them.
    i have checked back and B&N shows as out of stock so we shall see.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions