Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Just a heads up. I ordered a 16gb last night from B&N at 945pm PST last night and at 153am it was cancelled by B&N. Just a heads up.
    I ordered one around 1am eastern time and my card was charged but it also has the error "unable to process order" so I don't know if it went through. My order number was 24709xxxx
    My wife ordered 3, just after 1 am, EDT, I've been checking the order status and under shipping it says: In Process: Not Yet Shipped.
    She was going to hit a store that was going to start discounting them today but we passed on that once we ordered from B&N.
    Hope the gamble plays off.
    Well, the one I ordered shows shipping out on the 24th and I haven't received any cancellation yet.

The only thing I did slightly different was pay the extra 1$ for expedited shipping... Order number in the 24710XXXX range. I'll update if I eventually get a cancel, but the CC has been hit and it -appears- to be progressing. Too early to really speculate but it's possible they prioritized based on shipping...
    i did the same thing, expedited. On the order status page it says unable to process order. But if i check the order it says in process - not yet shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by spy2520 View Post
    i did the same thing, expedited. On the order status page it says unable to process order. But if i check the order it says in process - not yet shipped.
    How did you "check your order"?

Greetings
    Markus
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Order #24700xxxx, placed minutes after this thread came up.

I paid for expedited shipping on 2 16GB touchpads using Paypal bill me later. Says they will ship on the 24th. Hope they aren't pulling a fast one on me!

Paypal shows the charge as pending. I've never used Bill Me Later, so I don't know if that is normal or not, but I suspect that it works like a credit card and will take a couple of days to post after authorizing.
    Last edited by angiest; 08/22/2011 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spy2520 View Post
    Yes, me too. Argh.
    Grr... they screwed me also.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    in the same boat...
    seems that they are overloaded...but people who did it this morning got shipping dates...but mines not cancelled yet...so who knows...
    if not will wait for the market to drop on ebay...due to so many on there...will pay about $190...not more
    I placed my order this morning with B&N. Got an email that my order had been received.

My credit card has been charged..... so we'll see what happens.
    just got off the phone with B&N... Sold out now.....
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    dballew, did you place an order with them first?

What's crap is, I placed an order, only got the notice that there was an issue when I checked the status of my order, and now they are so busy on the phone that their system keeps hanging up on me.

Yes, I know the situation with these things, but they are still a business with responsibilities and this was all done 48 hours after the news broke. They need to get it together.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Placed order at 8:30 (central time) this morning with expedited shipping and immediately got confirmation. Status says expected ship date of 8/24 and the charge hit my bank account about an hour ago. My receipt says the card wouldn't be charged until it ships so... fingers crossed.
    I have been on a rooted and modded Evo Shift since January, and I still miss WebOS.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    just ordered one from zones.com....its was more money 149 for the 16GB but it went through after forever...if I happen to get the B&N one I will sell it on ebay but not for more than I paid for the one for zones.com (which was 177 which was cheaper than ebay)
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    24707xxxx
    Maybe my 24700 order will wind up being good.
    My first order was at 11:30 p.m. Central last night, it got got canceled 3 hours later. I immediately ordered another and haven't had any response. I'm sure that'll get cancelled, too.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Same boat as many others. Placed my order this morning at 9am EST and I received the email and my credit card was charged. The shipping status recently changed from "Did not ship" to "Expected Ship Date: August 24, 2011". I'm not sure what is going on still but I'm hoping that existing customers (I am a B&N account holder) got ahead of the processing and moved up in line somehow. Anyways, here's to hoping there's Xmas in August!
    dki378,
    You must of got one of the last ones. They are showing out of stock now. Here are the details for my order:
    Your Order Number is: 24717xxxx
    Your order was placed on August 22, 2011, 8:27 AM EST

Expected Ship Date: August 24, 2011
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I ordered 3 last night around 11:30 PM Mountain Time. I paid for the middle shipping option. They pulled the money out of my debit account but I have a message saying there is a problem with processing. I also get hung up on when I try to call. They could at least let people leave messages.

I haven't been a big fan of B&N since they wouldn't let me access my already purchased books on Nook until I gave them another CC#. This is why I use Kindle and Amazon for everything I can.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast