Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    thanks for the heads up! ordered mine its time to join the TouchPad frenzy!!!...(this is fun!!)
    I am waiting for B&N to drop the price of the 32 GB TP.

Whatever could be taking them SO LONG to do this?

Any ideas?
    B&N just let me place a 2nd order AFTER they canceled the first. This could get ugly.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    @untitled,
    Maybe there was some problem with getting your credit card to go through the first time.
    Hope they haven't sold out.
    This is the message they sent:

Dear XXXX , Despite our efforts, we were unable to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. Your order contained a title(s) that is no longer scheduled for release. This may be because the item was discontinued or replaced by a newer version. We have canceled this portion of your order and you will not be billed for it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your next visit to Barnes & Noble. Sincerely, --Barnes & Noble
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post

Dear XXXX , Despite our efforts, we were unable to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. Your order contained a title(s) that is no longer scheduled for release. This may be because the item was discontinued or replaced by a newer version. We have canceled this portion of your order and you will not be billed for it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your next visit to Barnes & Noble. Sincerely, --Barnes & Noble
    that sounds pretty ugly, but you would think that the first thing they would do is pull the page or intentionally cripple it.
    Oh, that doesn't sound so good :-(

Has anyone else gotten a message like that?

Out of curiosity ...

What was your order number? Not necessarily the full thing but for reference my order numbers are:
    24705xxxx
    24706xxxx

With about 2000 orders between them. I haven't received an email yet on either of them... just figuring that if you are a 24704xxxx or less I'm very SOL.
    The 16 GB is still posted on the site as though it is for sale.

Right along with the 32 GB still stuck at $599.95! WHY won't the drop that one????
    Quote Originally Posted by voodooaddict View Post
    Out of curiosity ...

What was your order number? Not necessarily the full thing but for reference my order numbers are:
    24705xxxx
    24706xxxx

With about 2000 orders between them. I haven't received an email yet on either of them... just figuring that if you are a 24704xxxx or less I'm very SOL.
    Mine was 24702xxxx
    Hm.. my order went through..

24715XXXX

Crossing fingers.
    Either they canceled me by mistake, or they're gonna have thousands of angry customers. I hope it was just a mistake. No word yet on my second order.
    Either they canceled me by mistake, or they're gonna have thousands of angry customers. I hope it was just a mistake. No word yet on my second order.
    I'm thinking it will be the thousands of angry customers.

I really thought Barnes & Noble would have a website that actually works to say when it's out of stock... I guess that's not a problem with their normal products?

I once I saw all of the likes, I thought it was probably very unlikely that they would have well over ten thousand of these devices in their possession.
    i just received an SMS from my bank stating that my CC has been charged
    Barnes N Noble are selling the 16gb version for $101.95. I'm sure this won't last long but for those who are up right now and still wanting a bargain...go to the following URL before they run out of stock too:

HP TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory, WiFi 1.2GHz - Black, Hewlett-Packard - Barnes & Noble
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    alright, I just got up and tried to call early and got a message that "all of our reps are busy helping other callers" before I could get to the automated authorization line. God help Barnes and Noble's call center people this morning. I don't think they have any idea what's about to happen.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Had an email informing me mine was cancelled
    Quote Originally Posted by galileo44 View Post
    Now all my orders changed to
    Unable to process order. Please call 1-877-379-0036, or 212-414-6024, if outside U.S.
    Yup, that is what mine says too. But the office isn't open for another 5 minutes. Someone is gonna get a rude awakening when they sit down for work at Barnes and Noble customer service this morning - 10,000 phone calls.

FYI, the B&N page right now says "Sales Rank: 1" and there are 11,511 "likes".

I think this will be another fiasco.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I just picked one up. I've been scouring the web for 2 days for this... I can't believe they aren't sold out yet! I got a confirmation email. Lets see if it ships.

Good hunting!

-Alan
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I ordered around 3:30am and just received a text from my bank that my card has been charged. It will be interesting to see what is going on.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast