Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post
    is there anyone who *actually* have a real confirmation from B&N ???

As far as I've seen there's no one who actually had bought the unit
    I am wondering the same.... Looks like everyone in this thread missed out..... Figure someone on here got lucky and got one from bn.com....

But it doesn't look like it..... So, do you think bn.com actually had any at all???
    Checked this morning and I've been cancelled also
    They finally cancel the online order and made sure I'd know by sending two additional e-mails.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have not received a cancellation email, and the website still says expected to ship today. The money is out of my account but the charge still says processing. I still have my fingers crossed, but I didn't order until Monday morning at about 8am so I figure I am just last in line to get canceled.

Update- Canceled
    Last edited by DavidF; 08/24/2011 at 10:12 AM.
    I have still not received any communication from BN in 2 1/2 days after my order confirmation.

What really blows is that I just tried to call customer service for the first time. After entering my order # in I got a message saying they were too busy to talk to me right now and call back later.

So, I called back and pressed the option to place a new order, and shazam I got right through! Surprise, surprise!

This is BS. I know getting new orders has to be a priority, but I didn't create this mess... they did.

They just don't know how to crawl out of the hole they've dug.
    I just checked my order status and it was indeed cancelled this morning. No email yet. Order #24719xxxx
    My B&N order got cancelled. GRRRR!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My order was cancelled a few hours after I placed my order for one. However I was charged and STILL haven't received my money back. I was told by my bank that I could file a dispute after 3 business days.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    just cancelled today the 24th when i ordered it in the morning on the 22st. No email yet but cancelled on the status online
    Quote Originally Posted by MattV View Post
    My order was cancelled a few hours after I placed my order for one. However I was charged and STILL haven't received my money back. I was told by my bank that I could file a dispute after 3 business days.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    me too... I paid with Paypal... I'm sure I'll get my money back, Paypal's good in that way... but it could take a few weeks...
    Bank finally released the hold on my account after the order cancellation. I made the order Sunday night.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Barnes & Noble is like the polar opposite of Amazon when it comes to customer service. My first taste was after buying a bunch of books on my Nook I could no longer access them because I removed my credit card info from my account. Amazon however has always bent over backwards to help in any way possible. They also make it extremely easy a fast to speak with a (very easy to understand) service rep.
  13.    #273  
    BN.com free $20 egift for cancelled HP touchpad

Here is the email, check yours

This past weekend, BN.com experienced a technical inventory error for the HP TouchPad combined with an unprecedented customer demand for its newly discounted price. Unfortunately, this generated more customer orders than we had inventory, resulting in our cancelling some customer orders, including yours, as we notified you earlier this week. If there was a pending authorization against your debit or credit card for the order, we have worked to quickly reverse that no later than today. You will not be charged for this order.

I want to take this opportunity to offer our sincere apology to you as a valued customer of BN.com. We care deeply about serving our customers, and in an expression of our commitment to you please accept the $20 Barnes & Noble eGift Card below for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The card can be used for any merchandise available at BN.com or in any of our bookstores.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,
    John Foley
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    Bank finally released the hold on my account after the order cancellation. I made the order Sunday night.
    B&N still has my Paypal money...
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MPian View Post
    BN.com free $20 egift for cancelled HP touchpad

Here is the email, check yours

This past weekend, BN.com experienced a technical inventory error for the HP TouchPad combined with an unprecedented customer demand for its newly discounted price. Unfortunately, this generated more customer orders than we had inventory, resulting in our cancelling some customer orders, including yours, as we notified you earlier this week. If there was a pending authorization against your debit or credit card for the order, we have worked to quickly reverse that no later than today. You will not be charged for this order.

I want to take this opportunity to offer our sincere apology to you as a valued customer of BN.com. We care deeply about serving our customers, and in an expression of our commitment to you please accept the $20 Barnes & Noble eGift Card below for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The card can be used for any merchandise available at BN.com or in any of our bookstores.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,
    John Foley
    awesome!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314