Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Crap! Looks like I didn't make the cut (I ordered at 12:40 am today)--just hope I can react fast enough once HP gets their inventory back:

Here's B&N's e-mail sent today:

Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you regarding your recent Barnes & Noble order for "HP TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory".

Due to unexpected customer demand for this item, our inventory was depleted prior to your order being processed so we are unable to fulfill this item as requested. Consequently, we have canceled your order and you will not be billed for this amount.

You may see an authorization on your credit or debit card for the order, but please be assured you will not be charged. The authorization will be released in accordance with your bank's policies.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble

Customer Service
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Got the cancellation this morning!
    Ordered mine at 6:30 this morning and just got my cancellation email about half an hour ago
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    just got my cancellation email, too. Ordered mine about 8 EST this morning. Seriously bummed, but hopeful the HP site has more soon!
    misery loves company im cancelled too...
    The one I ordered this morning just got cancelled too
    I don't usually flame anyone or anything on web forums, but I'm seriously ticked at Barnes & Noble. I doubt they'll ever get a dollar from me again.

If they'd stopped taking orders 5 minutes after they posted the new price, it would've been "oh well, moving on," and that's the end of it. But by taking orders they couldn't fulfill, sending confirmation emails only to rescind them, and apparently approving orders not in the order they were received, they have violated any trust any of us ever had in that aggregation of nincompoops.

I've been around long enough to know that boycotts don't work, so I'm not suggesting any such thing. But if any of y'all have come to my conclusion that our money is better spent elsewhere from now on ... well, then my hat's off to you.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    nexus89 and slusmiles like this.
    Canceled.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Those of you that have received a cancelation email.... What does the bn.com order status say to you???

I got the canceled email.... But my order status on the website has not changed....
    Last edited by bayourock; 08/22/2011 at 09:04 PM.
    Just got my cancellation. Good times.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    If anyone ordered from BN and actually gets shipping confirmation (which should include the tracking #), could you please post the approximate time you placed the order, and the quantity ordered?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Well damn. Just noticed the bad news email.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Actually...I think a nice post on one of those riip off sites is in order....they were in it for the likes in facebook....hope it was worth it
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    and they definitely placed orders out of the order
    Quote Originally Posted by bprushik View Post
    Agreed. I think my initial order was within the first 20 minutes of the updated price.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bprushik View Post
    But are they shipping any of them? That is the key. I will be extremely PO'd at BN if they shipped an order placed after mine, as I am sure will everyone else in the same boat.

Granted, the sales front-end and inventory backend should actually be in better sync so this doesn't happen in the first place.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bayourock View Post
    Those of you that have received a cancelation email.... What does the bn.com order status say to you???

I got the canceled email.... But my order status on the website has not changed....
    I got my canceled email almost 4 hours ago. BN still shows my order as "In Process: Not Yet Shipped".
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twivey View Post
    I got my canceled email almost 4 hours ago. BN still shows my order as "In Process: Not Yet Shipped".
    I was canceled on the website before I was canceled in email.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    just got my cancellation email, too. Ordered mine about 8 EST this morning. Seriously bummed, but hopeful the HP site has more soon!
    Ditto
    I wonder if that was some sort of mass email? It didn't reference my order anyway in the 'your order is canceled' email and on the site for my order it sill gives an estimated ship date of the 24th. What kinda system do they have that it still shows processing if it's canceled?