Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I see CDW still has TouchPads in stock, but the 16GB is listed as $400. Has anyone heard anything about them matching HP's price?
    Amazon is actually listing the MSRP as 100/150...which would lead me to think that most retailers who haven't jumped on the firesale yet will do so at start of business tomorrow. There's no sense in them not firesaleing when HP's going to eat the losses for them.

...It's either that, or they all end up back at HPHQ...then we can just get our seconds when HP throws that second volley up on their website...

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    CDW has Touchpads in stock, but they have not decided if they are going to lower the price. My mom was at the retail location in Vernon Hills and asked this morning.
    CDW has 3700 that they will be selling at $99 and a bunch at $149..

my sales rep just got the memo
    website pricing has not been updated but will be later today

if you have a rep give em a call and put your reserve in
    I ordered 3 for my wife to use in her nail salon
    CDW sold out
    CDW is live with the discounted pricing and they show stock as of right now (at least on the 16GB).
    They are discounting, and their site is ****in' slammed. Runtime errors...wow.

Order submitted. Total $120. If all my orders come through, this will put me +1 over need.

rad.
    I've just ordered the 32 GB. Yes, you may gets error messages repeatedly. Keep on trying - it works for me. Good luck.
    just called; 16gb sold out on phone, but was able to place online order 16 and for 32gb! we'll see if they both arrive!
    Looks like the 16GB is sold out at $99 but they still list stock for the non-SmartBuy SKU at the regular price. It's probably a safe bet to order that and have them adjust the price.

32GB is still showing stock.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Funny. they haven't responded to my query about a pricematch. They will probably be totally out by the time they do.

Supposedly I am getting two from BN. Twelve hours and no cancellation.
    Just got off the phone with CDW and they are totally sold out. The web site is not showing correct stock levels. They're getting hammered on the web and via the phones.
    I was clicking order... had my card info in there and eerything.... then ...

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I got my online order for a 32gb and 16 gb finally to go through and got a confirmation, but I'm expecting that the order will be cancelled based on the sold out posts above. What a hassle to go through trying to set up an account. It showed available when I added it to cart and by the time I finished the silly set up an account process it showed "Call" under availability. These were just back ups just in case my Barnes and Noble order gets cancelled. If I get both orders then I'll probably offer the extra to someone on the forum who was unable to get one.
    I was going by what my rep told me..
    We'll see. I got an order confirmation at 11:32am after several runtime errors along the way. Waiting to see if it gets cancelled.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Heh. Finally got a response. Glad I wasn't waiting on them.

Unfortunately, we no longer have any of the HP Touchpads in stock and will not be fulfilling anymore orders at the special price.