1.    #1  
    it won't automatically find it and I can't manually add it because I can't find the ip address for the printer it isn't under locations in the preferences and I can't configure the ports to see it either I'm running windows 7
    Have you tried sharing your HP Deskjet series printer? Once you share it, the Touchpad may find it easier. If the Touchpad does not find it, you should be able to put in the ip address of the Windows 7 pc with the shared printer.
    hmm network printer?

Um you got some router prefs that can show whats connected to the router? should show the printers IP there.

on mine i can goto diagnostics / show routing table and get.

Key: C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, * - default, ~ - private
    * 0.0.0.0/ 0.0.0.0 via 212.74.102.15, WAN1
    S 82.133.95.12/ 255.255.255.255 via 82.133.95.12, WAN1
    C~ 192.168.0.0/ 255.255.255.0 is directly connected, LAN
    * 212.74.102.15/ 255.255.255.255 via 212.74.102.15, WAN1

shows my current devices ip's that way, you may have somethig similar.
  4.    #4  
    I tried the computer ip address and it said printer not supported connect a different one so I'm assuming its not supported? Its not an old printer though. And under diagnostics there is only test no routing table im on a 2wire 1701hg gateway
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by splee1234 View Post
    I tried the computer ip address and it said printer not supported connect a different one so I'm assuming its not supported? Its not an old printer though. And under diagnostics there is only test no routing table im on a 2wire 1701hg gateway
    Is this printer connected to your router?
    Do you have more than one wireless network in your house? I have two and when I want to print I first make sure it's on the network the printer's connected to. It's an old hp mfc printer that's around 5 yrs old and prints flawlessly, even tells me if I have a paper jam on my touchpad.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
  6.    #6  
    the printer is connected to a computer connected wirelessly to the router I was thinking about plugging in the printer directly at some point
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I believe that in order for the TouchPad to print to a HP printer it needs to be on your local network thru a network cable (and have its own IP Address) and not connected directly with USB to a PC.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  8.    #8  
    ok I'll try that now
  9.    #9  
    cant no ethernet port i want it so the printer is in the room without tyhe router though
    Were you able to get your printer recognized by the HP TP? I have the same problem with my F4400. I have the printer set up to share. The printer is connected to my main pc bu USB and I can print from my netbook. However, my new touchpad will not automatically recognize the printer nor will typing in the ip address that I can see when I view the wi fi preferences. The f4400 is not that old. Any success out there?