Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Have they said whether they'll continue to provide help via Live Chat from the TP Help app? I was just on there asking how to delete a book from the Kindle app - the guy seemed to think I had an actual Kindle. When I asked "This is webOS Mobile Chat, right?" I got "... has left the chat session." Now it just says "Waiting for technician..." and it'll probably say that forever until I toss the card. I'd think that if they are going to continue to support the app catalog and the OS itself, then we can continue to expect service on Live Chat, and bug fixes/updates (but will they start charging for updates?), etc.
    Yes you can, but remember there has been a HUGE increase in users this weekend. The customer service department is probably extremely understaffed right now.
    From the Amazon Help site:

1. Delete the item from the Kindle for webOS app: In the application Library, in Cover view or List view: Tap Press on the icon cover for the title and hold it until the menu appears. Then tap on “Archive Book” to remove the title. Content that is purchased from the Kindle Store is archived and can be re-downloaded at any time. Archived content will remain in your Archived Items.

Amazon.com Help: Troubleshooting Kindle for webOS
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Already tried that, Archive doesn't remove it. It still appears in the grid list or 1-per-line list with "Archived" striped across the bottom half of the book cover image. --- But in re-verifying that I saw that there's nothing relevant under Settings but under Show, I had All checked - switched that to Downloaded, and the archived books no longer appear. I guess there is no permanent delete.

Just before that I spent 20 minutes giving Live Chat another try. This person got as far as "Open Launcher and tap Downloads". None of the downloaded books appear there however. She seemed to be asking if I was following along, but I have to close launcher to come back to the chat, so following along was going to be a problem. Then she left the chat session like the other guy. (or their network dropped the connection)

The good news is that the wait was only 12 minutes each time - and that they are still around at all. The bad news is that neither person was knowledgeable. The other bad news is both chat sessions being terminated mid-chat.
    where do you live chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by cho0427 View Post
    where do you live chat?
    There's a web link for it, I think http://www.hpwebos.com/chat , but I just used the one build into the touchpad this morning and it worked fine, that's under settings - help look for a live chat button.