Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi Folks,

Am new to WebOS and was one of the fortunate ones to get a TouchPad 32GB at $149 from WalMart. I like it so far. I updated to 3.0.2, and did the recommended settings and patches to improve the performance which I think really works.

The only "imperfection" I can find is a small spot, maybe 2/16ths in diameter that looks sort of "foggy" on the screen. It is only noticeable with lighter colors like white. If I am looking at the TP in portrait orientation, the spot is roughly 5 inches from the top and 2 inches in from the right. You can see it really well when looking at Google homepage for example. Anyone else have this on their TP?

Great forum BTW!
    I have one on mine. No idea what it is, maybe an LED?
    my first one had it, its just a little bleed through. got it exchanged

@agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    that's known as a stuck pixel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedy View Post
    Hi Folks,

Am new to WebOS and was one of the fortunate ones to get a TouchPad 32GB at $149 from WalMart. I like it so far. I updated to 3.0.2, and did the recommended settings and patches to improve the performance which I think really works.

The only "imperfection" I can find is a small spot, maybe 2/16ths in diameter that looks sort of "foggy" on the screen. It is only noticeable with lighter colors like white. If I am looking at the TP in portrait orientation, the spot is roughly 5 inches from the top and 2 inches in from the right. You can see it really well when looking at Google homepage for example. Anyone else have this on their TP?

Great forum BTW!
    I had an app on my pre plus that fixed "stuck" pixels by basically showing a fast color changing pattern on the screen, i forgot what the app was called but try it. search dead pixel in the app catalog
    I bet you can find a website that will have flashing that will fix this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Since these are sold out everywhere, I am not counting on being able to exchange it nor do I feel this merits searching for a place to exchange it. I can live with it, especially for $149.
    Tedy...