Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mrak
  • 1 Post By brdl04
  1.    #1  
    like the title says is it possible to connect other Bluetooth phones to the TP or just a pre? I want to be able to sms from it
    kettlecorn likes this.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I don't know for sure, but maybe you should get a WebOS phone?
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
  3.    #3  
    I don't want a webOS phone. I already have a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    I don't know for sure, but maybe you should get a WebOS phone?
    Some of us would if they had one on our network...
    in for an answer. Currently using a Motorola Atrix 4G.
    it will only work with webos 2.2 and higher, and not with other phones. The other phones would have to add support for the touchpad.
    How is this not possible? My phone works with bluetooth for voice and text on my car, how is using the touchpad to send/receive calls and texts different than that?
    this is a webos feature! I'm over all these people complaining that it can't pair with their phone! Get a webos phone or get an android tablet!
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    this is a webos feature! I'm over all these people complaining that it can't pair with their phone! Get a webos phone or get an android tablet!
    It's a legitimate complaint, especially with palm phones also going the way of the dodo. Would be nice if it paired any Bluetooth phone. Perhaps we'll get a patch for it...

I have a pre- and pairing is pretty cool. Opening this up for all users is a no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it will only work with webos 2.2 and higher, and not with other phones. The other phones would have to add support for the touchpad.
    I have an original Pre running webOS 1.45 & use its phone to call on my TP using Bluetooth
    Skype connection is better, but I need to try using the Bluetooth connection on the Pre set a bit further away
    I have experimented a bit with using the Bluetooth Pre set a bit further away from the TP & off the charging cradle & the phone works much better
    actually the speaker phone & even the front facing camera deliver excellent results on Skype connections
    also I have downloaded my Pre contacts using Bluetooth to the TP which worked like a charm
    the wonderful thing about the TouchPad is discovering its versatility
    much inaccurate information about its capabilities finds its way on the internet
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    Come on man, don't be such a fan boy. You can pair any phone with an android tablet. This is not a "webOS feature." It is a sales gimmick. If they lock out all other devices, then the only way to use a phone with a TP is to....BUY a webOS phone. It is a legit question. Go hate somewhere else.
    I'm sure a patch will be released eventually for your phone or for the tablet that allows the functionality to happen. It can't be too hard.
    A commenter on AnandTech's HP Touchpad review claimed it was possible to connect the TouchPad to pretty much any Bluetooth phone as a Bluetooth Headset. Might want to try to force that type of connection and get back to us.

I'd try it, but I have a Pre-, so no need......
    I tried.

My 1.4.5 pre- pairs just fine. My wife's lg lotus 2? Not so much.

So looks like at least for now, pairing a non webos phone is a no-go. Hopefully somebody will get a patch out there to change this .
    I think this feature request deserves way more attention than it's getting! Pairing the TP with any phone would be great.
    I tried pairing with my iPhone4 but neither showed up on Discovery mode... but I assumed it was on the iPhone's part being all locked down and unjailbroken.