1.    #1  
    So, I have a HP C5550 printer that only has two outlets. One for my computer and one for my power. I have a bluetooth dongle and can get the Touchpad to find it and pair with it, but I can't get it to print. Is there a way that I can get the tablet to recognize this or an I just S.O.L.?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    From my reverse engineering of the printmgr daemon, I've isolated the supported printers. The list can be found here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3065412. I didn't see your printer on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Demiroquai View Post
    So, I have a HP C5550 printer that only has two outlets. One for my computer and one for my power. I have a bluetooth dongle and can get the Touchpad to find it and pair with it, but I can't get it to print. Is there a way that I can get the tablet to recognize this or an I just S.O.L.?
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Well that blows. I just got this printer a year ago and it worked perfectly with my android tablet. So has HP pulled support and advancements on WebOS and am I an ***** in assuming there will ne a fix anytime soon?
    Well that blows. I just got this printer a year ago and it worked perfectly with my android tablet. So has HP pulled support and advancements on WebOS and am I an ***** in assuming there will ne a fix anytime soon?
    HP is more interested in building an ecosystem which is why only HP printers are officially supported.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    As the thread I sent mentions, I was trying to get around the non-HP printer problems without complete success. It would take a re-write of the printmgrd daemon to fix it. Also, the driver only supports printing using IPP and PCL, so it would not be expected that connecting via bluetooth will have a chance.

Any of the HP printers that support their "ePrint" infrastructure should work, but only the ones I have listed have full support. The others may work via the manual add printer path.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    I have the same printer with the same problem. Will continue seeking a solution

Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    HP is more interested in building an ecosystem which is why only HP printers are officially supported.
    Read the OP again. It IS an HP printer, just not an ePrint one.

Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    As the thread I sent mentions, I was trying to get around the non-HP printer problems without complete success. It would take a re-write of the printmgrd daemon to fix it. Also, the driver only supports printing using IPP and PCL, so it would not be expected that connecting via bluetooth will have a chance.

Any of the HP printers that support their "ePrint" infrastructure should work, but only the ones I have listed have full support. The others may work via the manual add printer path.
    I tried the add printer path, and it recognizes it as a printer, but won't let it print. Any ideas? Sorry I'm not very knowledgeable of the lingo to know whether there are any other options besides learning how to code...