Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    This is what the customer rep. told me. He did say that they are trying really hard to fulfill the orders that went through while they were "out of stock." He definitely told me that mines was one of those orders. My order went through yesterday at about 6:20 PM Eastern Time.

If you have the time, call them. Maybe another rep will have more info.
    Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre Plus --> Palm Pre 2--> TOUCHPAD 32gb
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    Well if you do get them I'm sure you won't have any trouble unloading them to fellow members who missed out.
    I had thought about that, picking 3 really nice members based on their post history... But how can I be sure that I won't be scammed?

Say a seller paypals me the $99 or whatever, how do I know that they won't just ask paypal for their money back once they have the touchpad I sent them? PayPal ALWAYS sides with the buyer so I'd almost rather sell them for cash on craigslist in a very public place.

Yes, I know I'm very paranoid, but if anyone has a guaranteed way to sell something risk free online then I'd like to know
    qdejesus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by qdejesus View Post
    This is what the customer rep. told me. He did say that they are trying really hard to fulfill the orders that went through while they were "out of stock." He definitely told me that mines was one of those orders. My order went through yesterday at about 6:20 PM Eastern Time.

If you have the time, call them. Maybe another rep will have more info.
    I'm trying to do just that.

But I can't.

Because they hang up on me literally in the first second it picks up, they actually seem to have an automated hang-up system for everybody that calls.

e: haha wow after 30 failed calls i get in to have an automated message tell me all circuits are busy and promptly hang up on me

ee: finally get through, tell me business hours ended 3 hours ago and got hung up on, qde what number did you call?

eee: don't call the tech support on main page, call this 1800 896 2011

eeee: this is some depressing callertone on-hold music..

cinco edit: too depressing..i give up lol
    Last edited by Synthes; 08/22/2011 at 10:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    I had thought about that, picking 3 really nice members based on their post history... But how can I be sure that I won't be scammed?

Say a seller paypals me the $99 or whatever, how do I know that they won't just ask paypal for their money back once they have the touchpad I sent them? PayPal ALWAYS sides with the buyer so I'd almost rather sell them for cash on craigslist in a very public place.

Yes, I know I'm very paranoid, but if anyone has a guaranteed way to sell something risk free online then I'd like to know
    I think probably the safest way for you would be to find someone local who can come pick it up from you and pay cash. I'm pretty sure you won't have any trouble finding someone wherever your area is.. people want these everywhere! I'd be too scared to sell online to a stranger too.
    I bought one 16 GB TouchPad from OnSale. Haven't called, and haven't gotten an email other than Amazon's automated "shipping soon" email. What's the consensus so far on this situation?

I also bought one 16 GB from DataVision's blowout eBay auction, and actually got an order number from their system (not eBay). I purchased somewhere in the early 4,000s. The eBay auction ended at 6,378 I believe.

My cards were charged for both the OnSale and DataVision purchases.

And finally, I also bought one 32 GB in real-life at Walmart early Saturday morning.
    Maybe if everyone quits calling them they can put all the phone staff on filling orders! HaHa! Just sayin'
    timjhenry, pk1234 and nemo like this.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Maybe OnSale/slickdeals have the days mixed up. Maybe they meant orders on Sunday and Monday; which would pretty closely match what was already posted.
    Considering I haven't heard anything from anyone on here about saterday. Most orders started after 5. So I think slick deals got days mixed up

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    The story on the front page says there's more. Seems like it would be better to send them to resellers that have already sold them. The only difference being we would probably get retail units instead of the business "Smart Buy" ones.

Hell, we could all be spazzing over nothing. From the sounds of it, the only thing that sold off were the units already in the hands of resellers. There could still be a warehouse full of the lovely little Touchpads.
    We should know tomorrow because it says shipping date Aug 22,23. So if they didn't ship today they should for sure tomorrow.Good luck everyone
  11.    #171  
    Onsale inc is working with hp to get inventory from hp so they can fulfill the orders. Dont be surprised if they have to drop ship in order to meet the ship dates. Or theyll ship on the later window of the expected ship date.

Thats why everyone is stuck in shipping soon. They know they dont have enough qty to complete all orders but they have a lot of weight so they can get a few thousand tp from hp in the next 24 hrs.
    Just got a tracking number from MacMall. Ups doesn't have any info as of yet but I have a tracking number and MacMall states it shipped. FYI MacMall is part of the same group as the OP. Also if curious I ordered 1 16 gb at 6:30 pm yesterday. Hope this gives you hope.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    While I hope mine ships,I can't say I'll hold it against them if it doesn't. They (tried) to sell it at the reduced MSRP, the system got hammered by the Fatwallet/Slickdeals effect, and they may not be able to deliver since the system got fuxored. VERY different than Amazon not providing the exemplary service we are used to on this whole pricematch debacle. IMO leaving negative feedback if they can't come up with DISCONTINUED goods would be lame (my humble $.02 worth).
    Global Posts
    908 Global Posts
    I ordered from them but I am not holding out any hope. I just want them to either ship or cancel so I will know what to do.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Anymore updates? My status is still the same
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    Anymore updates? My status is still the same
    not yet, its pst so i wouldnt expect anything for at least another 5-6 hours
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    UPDATE 08/22/2011 4:29 P.M. PST. : -From onSale's Facebook-

"Thank you for calling to inquire about the status of your HP Touchpad order. When the price decrease was announced this weekend, our websites, and the websites of all major retailers, were overwhelmed with customers placing orders for the HP Touchpad. We are now in the process of sorting thru the orders and confirming which ones we can fulfill. Rest assured that we are filling valid orders on a first-come, first-served basis as long as we have inventory. At this time, we do not know if there will be sufficient inventory to fulfill your order. We hope to be able to get back to you on the status of your order in the next 24 hours if not sooner. If you would like to cancel your order, please do so.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience as we deal with this unprecedented event.

- OnSale"

They say they should have everything sorted out by 3pm today, so we should one way or the other.
    To the people who called OnSale.. how are you getting through to anyone?? All I ever get is a fast busy signal...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Via Resovia Rzeszow on facebook:
    PC Mall (parent) 1-800-555-MALL
    OnSale 888.760.0300

The other # I saw for onsale was 800.896.2011 I believe

Seems that if you ordered Sun afternoon around 5-6pm EST, you're in the "MAYBE" zone.
    How nice would it be if an OnSale rep found these forums and posted something to clarify EVERYTHING.

I can't cancel my order because Amazon has that "you cannot cancel or modify this order" bit going on. In another thread (or maybe it was this one, I can't keep track anymore) someone mention that ALL of OnSale's orders say this now. Yet Merrix's post above indicates we can cancel.

I'm so confused that I just don't care anymore.
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast