Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637
Like Tree67Likes
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Cancelled sometime Wednesday afternoon. No worries. I won't forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    0.65 out of 10.

LOL.
    I guess I'll be the one here that'll say guys, I really don't think this is the best path forward. I didn't get my OnSale TouchPad either, but it was an unprecedented event, people make mistakes, and I got my money back and I'm sure everybody else has or will soon as well.
    Global Posts
    698 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    Got mine today too..1 16GB, ordered on Sunday @ about 5PM EDT.
    I hope all the loyal webOS fans can get one too, especially my fellow launch day Pre- users. Good Luck on the next fire sale!
    Just bite me...
    Ordered from OnSale via Amazon.com, never received any. Order was cancelled 3 days later by OnSale! Great company to deal with, most advance technology to handle any orders (especially hot, sale items). Thank you soooo much, OnSale! (for nothing!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboladdade View Post
    I guess I'll be the one here that'll say guys, I really don't think this is the best path forward. I didn't get my OnSale TouchPad either, but it was an unprecedented event, people make mistakes, and I got my money back and I'm sure everybody else has or will soon as well.
    I would agree any other time against a small company but this has intentional written all over it.

1) Companies this large (Amazon & Onsale) both must have good inventory systems in place. I doubt you just get on Amazon and put something for sale without entering quantity. That's where Amazon kicks in and monitors the sales. ONSALE had to have put in Quantity available for sale when they listed it on Amazon. Amazon is not a small company, their inventory system is next to none. OnSale willingly put in a LARGE quantity available, atleast by the THOUSANDS as it seems.

2) If an error was made, you cancel all orders right away. Not wait 4 days with status of "shipping soon" and then cancel. I had a charge pending right away on my card, those funds were now unavailable to me. As far as I'm concerned money had left my hand.

3) I have NEVER had an account with OnSale. My only purchase with them was via Amazon this last weekend and since then I have been getting daily advertisements from OnSale.

Mistakes happen but the way this played out and the way it was handled, it has bait and switch, email phishing or what ever you wanna call it written all over it. Do you realize how much data they must have collected?

----------------------------

I'm no way bitter about it either. I was able to score a $32gb locally. I just don't like how OnSale conducted this.
    Last edited by sdguy101; 08/26/2011 at 09:07 PM.
    I think that people wouldn't have been so angry if OnSale would've been honest about the situation instead of stringing people along and causing people to miss out on other opportunities either by thinking that they'll get one because this is a "trusted seller with so many good ratings and that they're just taking a long time to get to everyone because of the sheer quantity of orders," or because people's funds were being held.

Anyhow, there's now a link to leave feedback. Just log on to your Amazon account first, then click on the link below:

http://slickdeals.net/?&u2=https://w...ction=addMulti
    I thoroughly enjoyed ripping them a new one in my transaction review. It was cathartic to say the least. It was a difficult task because I decided to refrain from using curse words in my post.
    WinstonSmith likes this.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    ordered a 16 Gb on Sunday @2:30pm PST order shipped and is on the way with tracking #
    I ordered 30 minutes before you and mine was canceled
    Their rating on www.resellerratings have absolutely tanked. Sucks for them. For the record my order was also cancelled. Placed on 8/21 at 6:30pm EST
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Just left my feedback on Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed ripping them a new one in my transaction review. It was cathartic to say the least. It was a difficult task because I decided to refrain from using curse words in my post.
    The awful irony is that your review won't matter, and likely no one will see it, because it's buried amongst thousands of others.

But collectively we'll rip them a new one they'll never forget
    Gunnyman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel2214 View Post
    ordered a 16 Gb on Sunday @2:30pm PST order shipped and is on the way with tracking #
    Same situation here. Ordered at 2:20pm on Sunday PST, order shipped and should arrive Monday. Even so, OnSale blew it with their long response time and overselling (easily avoidable, regardless of unusual event).
    This is not how Amazon tracks inventory for larger companies. Small companies put in a stocked amount. Larger companies have a "link" with amazon because they might be, and likely are, selling through other outlets. So, orders info is sent in "batches" not real time. Usually every 15 minutes.

I this case what I think happened is that suddenly there were THOUSANDS of orders placed. Keep in mind that Amazon's order system is quite robust.. (Lots of other places crashed.. Amazon.. No) So, up to 15 minutes later Amazon transmits the orders to OnSale. I can imagine that this was a LONG transmission. During this time MORE orders are flowing in via Amazon's bullet proof ordering system. Finally the transmission is finished and OnSales inventory system goes nuts (being not as robust) . OnSale's computers start churning through the ordrers. 15 minutes and THOUSANDS more come from Amazon. At some point OnSale's system was able to tell Amazon, NO more stock.. But by that time it was too late.

The system normally works well.. Sometimes it's a problem which is why you get the occasional order canceled from Amazon (one item left and sold through another channel during the 15 minute window or something similar)

I install the company side of the software (EDI/AS2) that talks to Amazon for a living and this is what I think must have went down.

I think onsale could have done a better job of communication for sure.. But I don't think they could have been (or should be) prepared for the flood of orders that they got.

Just my thoughts on it, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    I would agree any other time against a small company but this has intentional written all over it.

1) Companies this large (Amazon & Onsale) both must have good inventory systems in place. I doubt you just get on Amazon and put something for sale without entering quantity. That's where Amazon kicks in and monitors the sales. ONSALE had to have put in Quantity available for sale when they listed it on Amazon. Amazon is not a small company, their inventory system is next to none. OnSale willingly put in a LARGE quantity available, atleast by the THOUSANDS as it seems.

----------------------------

I'm no way bitter about it either. I was able to score a $32gb locally. I just don't like how OnSale conducted this.
    I actually received my 32gb on Thursday from Onsale through Amazon with expedited shipping. The bad side is it's DOA and is going back to HP on Tuesday (spent 3 hours total between 3 calls HP support). Wonderful 150 dollar paperweight at the moment.
    WAAAAAAHHHHH...
    Seriously ppl, why don't you leave negative feedbacks to HP, Barnes, CDW, J&R, Cost Central, and any other place that has canceled? This was unprecedented and mistakes do happen; Onsale had a great reputation otherwise. The president came out and apologized over email. What more do you want? 99.9% of the people doing the complaining are people that have never bought anything at Onsale to begin with! Even if one did ship out of the many that people were ordering, they still would be complaining that only one shipped but not all, thus causing them to miss other opportunities to get more elsewhere b/c they believed they would get all the units.
    Laoh what I wanted is simple:
    1) Don't cancel my order then fulfill orders taken AFTER mine
    2) Don't take 72 hours to figure out you don't have an item in stock, tying up MY money.
    3) Answer my email inquiries.

I didn't get any of it and it made me mad.
    pk1234 and andymac85 like this.
    "The awful irony is that your review won't matter, and likely no one will see it, because it's buried amongst thousands of others.

But collectively we'll rip them a new one they'll never forget."

That is quite apparently true. Their Amazon profile now has 9591 feedback in the last 30 days, 70% negative. Looks like they oversold by many thousands just through Amazon alone. Their overall feedback has more than doubled in the last 90 days, 65% of it negative. They now have 35% lifetime negative feedback.
    I got 2 16gb tp last friday sorry for the late to tell u guys.

UPS: Tracking Information