Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    I ordered throuugh amazon. I sent them a polite email yesterday using the thank you heading.
    now I need to stop obsessing with these forums before my wife kills me.
    OnSale is a piece of ****. I ordered a 16 GB Touchpad at 4:02 CDT, and my order was cancelled today. Somehow, most orders between 4:20 and 4:45 CDT have either shipped or been delivered. Since OnSale waited 3 days before telling me it was canceled, I have missed out on this entire deal.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I bought 2 32GB and 2 16GB and the orders were canceled even tough they charged me for them. I got the cancelation emails today from amazon.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer418 View Post
    OnSale is a piece of ****. I ordered a 16 GB Touchpad at 4:02 CDT, and my order was cancelled today. Somehow, most orders between 4:20 and 4:45 CDT have either shipped or been delivered. Since OnSale waited 3 days before telling me it was canceled, I have missed out on this entire deal.
    YEP!

Held all my money hostage
    Yep thanks to onsale..have missed out on pretty much all of the on sale touchpads in america and in england.
    Mine was canceled too.
    Mine got cancelled too..I guess it's time to try some Andriod if I can't find another TP for $99
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    Mine got cancelled too..I guess it's time to try some Andriod if I can't find another TP for $99
    tbh I dont mind paying around 150 dollars for a 16gb..its just finding someone who isnt a selfish person whod sell me one at that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Which Atlanta location? Or is it too late already?
    Perimeter Mall. I read on here about someone else getting word of a shipment coming to their Best Buy so I figured I might as well go and see. Got there and the last guy in line said he'd been told he was probably the last but it was worth a shot. The line grew longer behind me and the manager came out and first sold out the 16GB models, but I was still about 6 people back. He then came back out and said there were 23 left of the 32 GB. He had to turn back probably 10 or 12 folks.
    Also, I did just receive this email from Amazon in response to my complaint. Overall a reasonable response from Amazon, in my opinion.

Hello,

I'm very sorry to learn that you've had a negative ordering experience with one of our third-party sellers 'onSale', and I want to assure you that we do take reports such as yours very seriously. Please know that we do take the feedback and performance records of sellers very seriously. We monitor seller performance and take administrative measures on an account when warranted.

I'm sorry to hear your order #102-9421946-xxxxxxx has been canceled. I understand the cancellation of your order is disappointing. The sellers who offer items on our site work very hard to maintain their inventories, but occasionally an item listed on our site won't be available when it comes time for the seller to ship your order.

I checked and confirm that you haven't been charged for it. An authorization may be visible on your account, but (depending upon the policies of your bank) this should be removed shortly.

While an occasional stock-out is bound to happen, we do require sellers to keep these to a minimum. If we find a seller's out-of-stock sales are excessive, we'll take action. Even though orders canceled by sellers no longer appear in Your Account, the option to contact the seller or leave feedback will become available three days after the order was canceled. Just click the "Your Account" link on the top right-hand side of the Amazon.com homepage. You can also go to this direct URL:

http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Go to the Orders section and click "Leave Seller Feedback".

Also, I've forwarded the details you sent us to our investigations team. Each report they receive is investigated and the appropriate action is taken. However, we won't be able to release the outcome of the investigation. If you'd like to send more details to this team, please use the form below and choose the "Report a violation of our rules" option:

Contact

Even though your purchase was made from one of our independent sellers, we realize that this experience may influence your decision to visit our stores again.

Please be assured that the vast majority of such purchases go very smoothly, and can be an easy and convenient way to find the items you need.

We look forward to seeing you again at Amazon.com.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
    Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more...

If no, please click here:
    Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more...

Best regards,

Pranavi M
    Amazon.com
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
    http://www.amazon.com/your-account
    That almost seems rather promising.

Perhaps a few more people need to complain directly to Amazon?
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    Here is something screwed up and sketchy. There is no history of any TP order in my amazon account. Its been wiped clean. there is no way I can leave feedback or report onSale. That is B.S.!!!
    I saw the same thing so I called amazon and was quite upset it took onSale 4 days to cancel my order when I could have been trying to buy the TP from somewhere else. So, if you can't leave a public negative review, at least call them!
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Also, I did just receive this email from Amazon in response to my complaint. Overall a reasonable response from Amazon, in my opinion.
    So Amazon makes you wait 72 hours before leaving feedback. Sounds like the law requiring you wait before taking your handgun home. Who wants to bet onSale's earnings for the rest of the year will tank because of the onrush of feedback fire heading their way in 3 days? I *never* leave feedback on Amazon. But on Saturday afternoon you can bet I will.
    I just got my cancellation email. Ordered 630 eastern on 8/21, (30th birthday was yesterday - woot!), last name D, just got the notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by lware14 View Post
    interestingly, my order was cancelled about an hour after I inquired via email to onsale about my order status. Wonder what would have happened if I hadn't asked.
    Probably no difference, I highly doubt anyone would have read your email within an hour.. or two, or three, or four, etc. Or ever...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Guys not trying to implant false hopes... but I got 2 order cancellations today out of the 3 i placed.

I called Onsale about the status of my third order and thy found out that it had in fact been shipped. when I got home (5pm CST) it was at my door.

My amazon order status still says "shipping soon" and my CC still says the charge "pending"

I guess I somehow got lucky
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Hearing Amazon has at least temporary suspended OnSale from its marketplace due to the volume of complaints. Just a reminder to go back to the site in 72 hours once feedback is allowed and express your opinion on how you, the customer, has been treated.
    After going what I went threw with amazon, i pulled the trigger and got one from ebay.
    I went to check my amazon order and panicked when i saw open orders empty. I then went into my history and saw that my Touchpad had shipped!!!! I got my order confirmation at 5:43 PM EST on Sunday for anyone that cares about the cutoff.

When I ordered it I knew there was a high chance that I would not get one, so i continued to search other sites on Monday but failed to get another one. Glad this one came through. Sorry for all the folks that are now left SOL but you kind of had to be suspicious that for several hours Onsale listed as "In stock" where everyone else had sold out.