Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Okay I rock. My order was canceled so I took a chance and went to my nearest best buy. There was a line but that did not deter me this time. After about ten tense minutes the manager came out to cut the line but I made out in! Just got my 32GB touchpad!

There's still hope, folks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    fwinst likes this.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    All Best Buy's out here

Do you live in some big city?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Okay I rock. My order was canceled so I took a chance and went to my nearest best buy. There was a line but that did not deter me this time. After about ten tense minutes the manager came out to cut the line but I made out in! Just got my 32GB touchpad!

There's still hope, folks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Which Atlanta location? Or is it too late already?
    Nope. Also, just received a note from Amazon saying it has shipped! Phew.
    I had pretty much given up but mine shipped today! Last name d 535est Sun. Regular shipping. Just don't get memphis to so.fla. Taking 5-1/2 days. Maybe it will show up sooner. Amazon has my tracking and I got an email that it shipped.
    Oh well, looks like I thought I bought one from them too. got the e-mail this morning.
    Ordered mine about 4pm PST
    I just received my touchpad. I ordered at 5:30pm Sunday with 2 day shipping selected. I live in upstate NY. I never received an email confirming shipment and my status on amazon still shows shipping soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I had pretty much given up but mine shipped today! Last name d 535est Sun. Regular shipping. Just don't get memphis to so.fla. Taking 5-1/2 days. Maybe it will show up sooner. Amazon has my tracking and I got an email that it shipped.
    You are a step ahead. Amazon shows U# only and shipping soon. Onsale shows shipped yesterday and got tracking number but UPS can't locate any item. Store card doesn't show any transaction but deducted a charge from my CL. Weird, weird, weird. Maybe I get cancelled by tomorrow....Lol.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    you live in miami?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Does anyone know the criteria onSale used to ship these devices? It seems to be a bit confusing...well for me. I thought it was first come first serve? *sigh* Well, mine is already cancelled so...yeah.
    great news guys. I found the function they use for deciding who's orders gets shipped.

Code:
    function shipOrder(cust_last_name, ship_method, item_count, order_time, order_number)
    	dim shipOrder as boolean = true
    	dim cancelOrder as boolean = false
    	dim actualStock as Integer = 10000
    	dim totalOrders as Integer = 50000

// Factor in last initial favoritism for HP
    	if substr(cust_last_name, 1, 1) = "H" or substr(cust_last_name, 1, 1) = "P" then
    		return shipOrder
    	end if

// Factor in shipping method favoritism
    	if (ship_method = "1-Day" or ship_method = "2-Day") and order_time < "4:00PM EST" then
    		return shipOrder
    	end if

// Drop orders more than 2
    	if item_count > 2 then
    		return cancelOrder
    	end if

// Ship rest of orders using grab-bag method
    	if Math.Random() * totalOrders < actualStock then
    		return shipOrder
    	else
    		return cancelOrder
    	end if

end function
  12.    #612  
    Hopefully the ones that are being shipped by onsale are defective.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    Does anyone know the criteria onSale used to ship these devices? It seems to be a bit confusing...well for me. I thought it was first come first serve? *sigh* Well, mine is already cancelled so...yeah.
    The only thing that has been determined is it definitely is not first come first serve. And it doesn't seem to be based on paying for faster shipping (People with standard shipping who ordered hours after me received while I was cancelled.)

That would be a very interesting thing for OnSale to share. Alas communications doesn't seem to be their strong point.
    just got the email from Amazon - onsale that due to out stock my order was cancelled.. i ordered on sunday afternoon.. so sadd !
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrazndead1 View Post
    Hopefully the ones that are being shipped by onsale are defective.
    Huh? Why would you hope for that?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I ordered on Sunday from OnSale and received notification today that mine was shipped out yesterday.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Yes. The thing is...if they would have said they weren't sure they were able to fulfill all orders on Monday and quickly followed up on a detailed report, I would not have been mad at them. However, they just kept my (and most of our) money without saying anything but posting vague statements on facebook. Now where do I get one of these at sale prices? I can't order off HP's site.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I also wouldn't have recommended my mom buy a touchstone and case from Office Depot yesterday had I known her order was not coming through. 48 hours after ordering from OnSale should have been plenty of time to safely make such a decision. Unfortunately it was not.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    ATTENTION
    ok so the people who have been shipped so far are a c(me),d and an h. The cancels I remember are "w" and "t". I seriously think this alphabetical thing may have some merit. Please post your results.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    The only thing that has been determined is it definitely is not first come first serve. And it doesn't seem to be based on paying for faster shipping (People with standard shipping who ordered hours after me received while I was cancelled.)

That would be a very interesting thing for OnSale to share. Alas communications doesn't seem to be their strong point.
    i will right now.. this f....ker cancelled my order and i didn't have the money on my cc cuz there charged me already.. i could of but in on B&N