Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Amazon cancellation in the mail an hour or so ago. Ordered a 32gig at around 630 on sunday. The search continues...
  2.    #502  
    Got my cancel letter at 12pm noon pst 8/24

I ordered at 3:40pm pst sunday.

Now where do we buy them?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I placed 2 orders for 32gb (1 for me and then 1 for my sister). The 2nd was cancelled. Still don't know about the first.

They were both Sunday around 5:30EDT. (don't have an exact time).
    Cancelled number was 102-56854xx-7306xxx.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    how the hell many units did they have in stock? Looks like everybody is getting the cancellation notices
    ordered a 32 gig around 6:30 and it was cancelled for me too. It's a shame macmall treated me this way because I've been a customer of theirs since the late ninetys. *shrugs* I guess they are no longer my first stop shop on all things mac.

luckily I ordered a 16gb TP, Case, and keyboard through HP direct and received it today. Guess I'll just use that box.net account then :-)

Still a touch upset at amazon for allowing this to happen
    Just got it...

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX from onSale has been canceled because the item(s) you purchased were out of stock. Please return and place your order again at a later time.

Our sellers strive to minimize canceled orders. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Your credit card was not charged for this order. If you have any questions regarding the cancelation of this order, please contact onSale.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference. We've also included the URL for the item you purchased if you'd like to try ordering from another seller.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.com.

==================================================
    ORDER DETAILS

1 of FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB
    (Amazon.com: FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB: Electronics)
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    i know it seems like they only had a grand total of 2 touchpads hahaha
    Cancellation notice received about an hour ago.

OnSale - bust
    Barnes & Nobel - bust
    HP Germany - not sure but may be a bust as well - shipping date is listed as end of Sept...

To be fair though this was an unprecedented event - almost all sellers had similar issues. I'm in IT, you build for what you consider the peak times - this was just craziness.

Yes I'm annoyed because I had 3 supposed successful orders, so when they finally dropped the price at the physical MediaMarkt store I didn't bother to go as I didn't want to end up with 4.

Then again, still kinda my fault - I had gone through all the effort of scoping the local MediaMarkt a day before for amounts, and remained glued to twitter / facebook / various blogs waiting for notices. I really should have followed my gut and gone to the MediaMarkt that day.

A Tablet in the hand is worth 3 online...
    what I don't agree with is, apart from overselling, that their system immediately sent out the info that orders are being prepared for shipping. Usually even amazon takes their time until you can't cancel the order anymore due to being prepared to ship. So, the fishy part is to suggest customers that its being taken care of when in fact it isn't. If the system hadn't confirm for the order to ship soon, plenty of us would have canceled after 2 days and no charge or hold against our cc would have been in place so long.

it was not the overselling but the false suggestion of everything being taken care of and nothing to worry about.
    Just got denied Received an email from Amazon at 1.24 PM Central Time

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX from onSale has been canceled.

Your credit card was not charged for this order.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.com.

ORDER DETAILS

1 of FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB
    (Amazon.com: FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB: Electronics)

Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
    Timezone?
    Read back in the thread;

Received: from mm-notify-out-209-59.amazon.com (mm-notify-out-209-59.amazon.com [72.21.209.59])
    by mx.google.com with ESMTP id l10si732453qct.133.2011.08.21.14.06.52;
    Sun, 21 Aug 2011 14:06:52 -0700 (PDT)
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Here's the message I sent to Amazon:

Re: Order# 105-258XXXX-XXXXXX I would just like to politely (though I'm not feeling particularly polite) express my outrage at onSale's failure to deliver the items I ordered (HP TouchPads). I passed up other opportunities to buy these items at the "firesale" prices because I had an order confirmation from Amazon, which has always been as good as gold. I don't like having to consider brick-and-mortar stores more reliable than Amazon, since I can walk out the door with the item in my hand. I rely on Amazon to provide accurate and timely information about my orders whether through Amazon directly or through Amazon Marketplace. Amazon has never let me down before. I recommend Amazon to everyone as the first stop for every purchase, due to the 100% confidence I have in them to deliver the goods. Unfortunately, I can no longer say that Amazon has never let me down. I understand this was a 3rd party in the Marketplace, but I relied on Amazon to police their Marketplace and hold those vendors accountable. To say I am surprised and disappointed is an understatement. To top it off, I can't even leave seller feedback since this order doesn't show up in my account history. (You're letting onSale off the hook, big-time.) Please restore my faith.
    Just got a canceled order email also. Hopefully my hp order goes through

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Not sure if someone already put up this link to review onsale:
    OnSale - onsale.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings
    Stevesrjr86 likes this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Dang, ordered mine at 5:45pm EST on Sunday and it just got cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    This was my reply to Amazon's cancellation email. Not sure anyone will get it but I thought worth writing.
    That is a very good email. I am going to write them a similar one once my order gets canceled.
    Hahaha. That link Sanchopaco posted takes me to a page saying that their site is down.

I'm sure that if we all pitch in we can have a massive conspiracy theory flooding the 'net with a few hours....

EDIT: Seems to be working now....
    Last edited by MercuryCrest; 08/24/2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrazndead1 View Post
    Got my cancel letter at 12pm noon pst 8/24

I ordered at 3:40pm pst sunday.

Now where do we buy them?
    I was considering ebay at this point but I will only pay no more than like around $200.00 or so.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Looks like my order just got cancelled, too. My buddy was able to get online and place an order for a 32 GB TouchPad through OnSale before I could get online, so he put the order in for me. He just let me know ~30 minutes ago that he got a cancellation email (like others, this cancellation came after a confirmation had already come).

Sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by romans10verse9 View Post
    Exactly!!! My money is tied up into the transaction!
    same here. You cancel my order but yet can't refund my money prior to canceling it... I'm mad at this situation all around. HP should have emailed people with palm profiles asking them if they wanted any touchpads at a discounted rate before they had a fire sale. Kinda feels like a much bigger version of the whole 100$ off (plus 100$ coupon @ staples), mainly the only ones who got one were ebay sellers or people new to the OS. Original adopters getting screwed over again.
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 08/24/2011 at 02:27 PM.