palmlover123 and rexalbel like this.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    They better refund my 1 day shipping cost in that case, MercuryCrest
    rexalbel likes this.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboladdade View Post
    I'm not sure that I would find a few hour delay for anyone at OnSale to notice this happening in the middle of a beautiful summer Sunday afternoon all that hard to believe. You might ask, "why, then, did they drop the price to $99 on Sunday?" My answer to that would be, somebody probably just logged in from home around lunch-time and switched the price, went out and enjoyed the afternoon, came back home and had a minor heart attack.
    Given how insane sales everywhere else were all weekend, I find it really implausible that someone set a price and didn't stick around to watch the sales pour in.

I've worked at 3 different e-commerce sites, and when there's a rush on, the execs do nothing but sit there and reload the numbers all day.

Either a whole bunch of people had no idea what their current inventory was until it was too late, or someone bet on getting more units from HP on Monday and lost.

But I can't see a situation where someone independently decided to start selling the most popular consumer electronics device of the weekend at a firesale price and then walked away.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboladdade View Post
    I'm not sure that I would find a few hour delay for anyone at OnSale to notice this happening in the middle of a beautiful summer Sunday afternoon all that hard to believe. You might ask, "why, then, did they drop the price to $99 on Sunday?" My answer to that would be, somebody probably just logged in from home around lunch-time and switched the price, went out and enjoyed the afternoon, came back home and had a minor heart attack.
    They knew they oversold, why weren't the orders cancelled immediately (or Monday morning when everyone came to work)? It's midday Tuesday and still nothing.

From what I can find, they had a small inventory and sold a massive number of them. It's not like they have a reasonable expectation of filling all of the orders.

They oversold and aren't addressing the issue; that's what hard to believe.
    Rob_T likes this.
    Unless all are rumors

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    In other news, a DataVision rep confirmed to me via phone that all customers who placed an order via their 20 minute 6,378 item single eBay auction are indeed getting them, for they entered in their actual inventory and that's exactly what was sold. Expect shipments "Thursdayish".
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    so if my order gets canceled, where else can I still order a TP??
    Nowhere right now.... I shoulda picked the one up for full price at WalMart and brought it back for a price match. They only had 32s and I wanted a 16 though...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    still waiting for shipment notification...
    Global Posts
    908 Global Posts
    I choose overnight shipping. It has a delivery date of 8/23-8/24. Still says shipping soon.
    Guys! Check your local BestBuy! I just got back from one in Mass. and they received 80 today! I will definitely cancel my order from Onsale! (I probably wasn't getting one anyway from there)
    Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre Plus --> Palm Pre 2--> TOUCHPAD 32gb
    I bought one as well but I was given assurance by Amazon that my order went through but no debit has hit my bank AND the phone number for OnSale given by Amazon of (800)-896-2011 DOES NOT WORK AT ALL....
    Quote Originally Posted by letholdus View Post
    I bought one as well but I was given assurance by Amazon that my order went through but no debit has hit my bank AND the phone number for OnSale given by Amazon of (800)-896-2011 DOES NOT WORK AT ALL....
    The charge on my card has been pending, shows as not available in my available balance, but has not cleared yet. I think this varies based on your bank.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The Status of my order on onsale site now shows as Discontinued.Ordered around 5:40 EST
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    My onSale status just changed from In Process to Backordered.

Ordered 3 x 32GB at 5:45 EDT.

and now back to In Process.
    Last edited by GHT; 08/23/2011 at 05:55 PM.
    onSale for me is also showing back order. Kinda sad. I checked with on Best Buy and now trying another 45 minutes away.
    Please post the times you ordered your product so we can get a feel of when the cutoff for the orders that are going to be fulfilled are.
    Ordered 21 August at approx 5:50 PM EDT.
    onSale status (per their site): Back ordered.
    Amazon shows shipping soon.

Just a quick note, it went to back ordered within 5 minutes of me calling them to get my U-number. I do not know if that has anything to do with it but figured it was worth mentioning.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Any news from those who ordered on Amazon?
    Ordered: Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM Pacific - Still says shipping soon.