Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #1  
    TP fan boys please dont flame me because i'm not jumping for joy over this tab that i picked up for $149. The thing is if you have or had an iPad the TP just doesnt compare. I know -- thats been said before by the major tech reviewers --WSJ NYT etc. But what i'm saying here is for those of you like me who jumped in mainly because of the price -- a 32 gb tab for $149 from an iconic company. Price-wise it's a no- brainer. I would bet that 80 percent of the fire sale buyers have had little or no experience with tablets and possibly even computers but saw it as an early black friday sale and jumped in to either make a few fast bucks on ebay, or give as gifts. (actually, it would be interesting to know the true demographics, and even more interesting the exact number of tpads sold during the fire sale-- 50,000? 200,000?) anyway here's what makes it a pretty unfun product imho. A rear facing camera is GREAT and it doesnt have one. I have probably a dozen ipad camera apps that do great things. I use the camera a lot. A front facing camera that actually takes still not just skype video. The ioad doesnt have an hdmi port but apple offers an inexpenduve dongle that allows you to do everything on an hdtv from watching movies to playing games. Nothing likevthstnon the TP. the ipad doesnt have an sd card slot but it has a dongle that has sd and usb. The ipad is really a full blown entertainment center for tv movies internet radio netflix police radio ham radio. And a lit more. It trulis mindboggling to me thar a company like hp produced a priduct like the hp -- so undiphisticated. I hope to find wats to enjoy it but it kacjs SO much. Maybe the is us great -- i'll soon find out but is it suoerior to the ipad os, it'll be interestung to find out. Believe me when i say i'm not bashing the TP becayse i just got it. I just wanted to alert newbies like me to what is missing. But for $149 you cant go wrong if you can get one. I wrote this using the ipad keyboard so please give me a break on typos.
    Last edited by Nychotxxx; 08/21/2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Typos
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    That iPad keyboard is awesome.
    lakefire, Quills, micahdg and 2 others like this.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewT3 View Post
    lol
    They both have pros and cons really...
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Last edited by Nychotxxx; 08/21/2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Typos
    Did you edit it to ADD the typos? or did you just miss about 2 dozen of them

Seriously though, they both have their pros and cons. I don't feel like reciprocating your post with a list of the ipad's many faults but I think you should at least be reasonably happy you only paid $150 for a spare web tablet / ereader / multimedia device.
    Last edited by MicahDG; 08/21/2011 at 07:45 PM.
    65fastback likes this.
    ipad keyboard...lol...that was awesome.

so, summing it up: no rear facing camera, no sd card slot, and no hdmi out. that was quicker (and less painful to read (or decipher)).
    RoverNole likes this.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Just guving my opinion.
    So I take it the ipad doesn't have auto correction for your spelling/typing?

*Adds that to the list.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I think the OP had the wrong idea about what he was getting. I too have an iPad 2 and bought the Touchpad yesterday because of the fire sale. I agree the Touchpad is far behind the iPad, especially in the areas of speed, apps, and polish. However, at $99, this thing is a steal. It does basic tablet functions (web, email, reader, etc) rather well. There is no way I would have paid anymore than $99, certainly not $499, but at the current price it is a good second device.
    sinsin07 likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewT3 View Post
    Lol i just type fast and the forum wouldnt let me correct the many typos in the last half of the post.
    What's the point in creating two separate posts about the iPad being better BEFORE YOU'VE EVEN TRIED THE TOUCHPAD?
    First off paragraphs please, or at least list out your complaints. It's very hard to read your post. Secondly I agree with most of your comments about the TP, you won't find any arguments from me that the TP should have had a camera, sd or micro sd slot, and apps. We in the community know.

But of my friends who have an ipad, 95%+ of what they do is browse the internet, email, facebook, and twitter. And they get frustrated when they encounter a flash website. If HP had priced this out @ 399/499 from the beginning it would have done much better with most of the reviews out there, and certainly more appealing than android tabs.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashmonee View Post
    I think the OP had the wrong idea about what he was getting. I too have an iPad 2 and bought the Touchpad yesterday because of the fire sale. I agree the Touchpad is far behind the iPad, especially in the areas of speed, apps, and polish. However, at $99, this thing is a steal. It does basic tablet functions (web, email, reader, etc) rather well. There is no way I would have paid anymore than $99, certainly not $499, but at the current price it is a good second device.
    That's much more reasonable than the op's post. I think he bought the touchpad expecting a spare ipad2 and that's obviously not going to be the case...
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Typical. Someone gives their opinion, and when it doesn't align with the community here, they bash them.

Not even an offer of help with some of the areas that he mentioned that might be done equal, if not better, on the Touchpad.
    I've got no problem with someone not liking the Touchpad, but they clearly say that they haven't received / used their Touchpad yet, and this is the second post that said the same information and same complaints but they felt the need to post it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    That's much more reasonable than the op's post. I think he bought the touchpad expecting a spare ipad2 and that's obviously not going to be the case...
    Definitely not the case, but a sad fact I think many go into believing.
    sinsin07 likes this.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Typical. Someone gives their opinion, and when it doesn't align with the community here, they bash them.

Not even an offer of help with some of the areas that he mentioned that might be done equal, if not better, on the Touchpad.
    Typical. Other users offer countervailing opinion and people like you show up to be negative nancy.

You simply missed the irony of his first... 4 posts. I think only one person was outright rude but the rest of us were not.
    Cantaffordit and darkzone like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I've got no problem with someone not liking the Touchpad, but they clearly say that they haven't received / used their Touchpad yet, and this is the second post that said the same information and same complaints but they felt the need to post it again.
    Did I miss something? I didn't see anywhere in his post that indicated he currently doesn't have a Touchpad.

insert fart noise. j/k seriously though, that original post was a lot to get through.

op, barkerja will help you out with tp features.
    monkeydog likes this.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Definitely not the case, but a sad fact I think many go into believing.
    Did you not read the whole rambling paragraph?

It trulis mindboggling to me thar a company like hp produced a priduct like the hp -- so undiphisticated.
    Nevermind how hilarious this sentence is when you try to read it, but he is actively listing every thing the touchpad is missing compared only to the ipad2. Whether he will admit it or not, he secretly wanted a spare ipad2 for a bargain price.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    The irony is that the typos in that post are so bad that it reminds me how awful typing on tablets like the iPad can be. Not only is it hard to type but apparently the auto correction is awful as well.

I've tried typing posts on an Android tablet and the results are almost as awful as this. Hopefully the split keyboard in Windows 8 makes typing on a big screen more manageable, cause so far I haven't seen anyone get it right.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashmonee View Post
    Agreec
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast