Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Just saw one of the Touchpad commercials on FX. "starting at $399".

You gotta laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamaru View Post
    Just saw one of the Touchpad commercials on FX. "starting at $399".

You gotta laugh.
    lmaoo.. that's why i'm still confused with this fiasco.. HP still airing TP at $399 when the drop it to $99 two days ago.. Now HP is almost sold out of TP overnight.. lol
    Yep, i have been glued to CNN watching Momar Gadhafi go down. They are showing a touchpad commercial every 10 minutes or so. Not surprised as all time blocks are bought well in advance.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    What if instead of paying TV commercials since launch, HP have had done this sale at half the retail price on launch weekend...

I bet that the story would be quite different than is now
    that's right
    something weird - I guarantee you if they were totally quitting the business, tehy would have pulled all ads from history channel and major networks (latter where is where I saw one today)
    maybe the sales/software division thinks sales figures will melt leo's heart? lol
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    There is a huge lead time in buying ads, but I've honestly never seen anything like this happen before, it is so strange. Why would you initiate such a huge widespread marketing campaign like this and then kill the product in the middle of it?

Is the HP CEO on crack? These executive decisions are so erratic. The stock holders certainly think they're on crack. How do you decide to leave the PC biz when you're the top PC maker in the whole world?
    Still being pounded by the "starts at 399" message only enhances the psychological effect of the $99 touchpad deal, and it's best to keep the touchpad the frenzy going, I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by cool8man View Post
    Is the HP CEO on crack? These executive decisions are so erratic. The stock holders certainly think they're on crack. How do you decide to leave the PC biz when you're the top PC maker in the whole world?
    I almost feel like HP Should have spun EDS and the enterprise group off as another company instead of the other way around. Apotheke is pulling a switcheroo here...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    Still being pounded by the "starts at 399" message only enhances the psychological effect of the $99 touchpad deal, and it's best to keep the touchpad the frenzy going, I say.
    I like but the frenzy is a purely north american one at the moment :-(