Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I am a new member because I just now purchased the discounted HP TouchPad 32gb. I guess you can be expecting a lot more. I know there will be some member that will be resentful of the new members because of the deal we got and I will understand. I hope that as I become more familiar with the Touchpad and with the help of the older members I will eventually be able to help others. I am a contributing member of several forums and hope to do the same here.
    welcome. We are a friendly bunch!
    Quote Originally Posted by lartomar2002 View Post
    Hi everyone. I am a new member because I just now purchased the discounted HP TouchPad 32gb. I guess you can be expecting a lot more. I know there will be some member that will be resentful of the new members because of the deal we got and I will understand. I hope that as I become more familiar with the Touchpad and with the help of the older members I will eventually be able to help others. I am a contributing member of several forums and hope to do the same here.
    There should be no resentment. All will be happy to have someone else to share their passion with. Be sure to look around to get tips of what the 'must have' software is for the TP... especially Preware and the homebrew goodies.

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    No resentment my man. It's just been a tough week.

Welcome, you guys are the key to webOS' future
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    We all hate you !

Not really.
    Welcome to the webOS community. Have fun.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    No resentment my man. It's just been a tough week.

Welcome, you guys are the key to webOS' future

The way I and most webOS faithful see it- the more users the better!
    welcome to our lovely community
    So, what attracted you to the Touchpad? Were you considering buying one eventually anyway and jumped at the chance to get one at such an awesome price or what? Just curious.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    So, what attracted you to the Touchpad? Were you considering buying one eventually anyway and jumped at the chance to get one at such an awesome price or what? Just curious.
    That is exactly the reason. I have a 7" Pandigital Novel Android 1.5 and all it did was create an itch for a greater and better tablet. The $500&$600 was out of my budget and since the little tablet that I had was minimally meeting my needs I could not justify it and I also had the WF (Wife Factor) to consider (that was the big one).
    Thanks to everyone that has welcomed me aboard.
    stri8ed and Typo Lad like this.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hello!
    I believe you'll find resentment here at the way HP has acted, but not resentment at new users. I'm sure there are a lot of long-time WebOS users like me who have been happy to take advantage of the prices. This is an overwhelmingly friendly community. Ask lots of questions!
    Welcome to the forums. Despite a lot of people hating on webOS, there are those of us who still love it. Also we don't hate you for getting a discounted device as most of us were able to get our money back with a price match.

App's I recommend you check out are:

1: Preware(if you want to homebrew.)
    2: Box.net (50 gbps of webspace free can't beat that.)
    3: Angry Birds.
    4: KalemSoft Media Player.
    5: pReader or Amazon's Kindle Reader(both work great).

-Toaster
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    1st timer here as well. I actually picked one up back on August 6th @ BB to test out and returned on the 7th but was lucky enough to grab a 32GB yesterday. I like it overall compared to my xoom. I don't see a sticky; but looking for must have touchpad apps to pull from the market? Also since with most of the apps like FB, Mail, etc. you can add multiple accounts; is there a way to share the device between 2 users? I could not see any logoff/login with the FB app particularly.
    Welcome! The only resentment around here is to the boneheads that caused this mess. The more the merrier... I snagged a few extras at the firesale price and am getting a refund of the difference on my first one, so financially, it's all good. But HP still has a bunch of boneheads steering the ship. They better watch for icebergs.
    Damn freeloader new members. Until you get TMC error, you're just one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdamrican View Post
    Welcome! The only resentment around here is to the boneheads that caused this mess. The more the merrier... I snagged a few extras at the firesale price and am getting a refund of the difference on my first one, so financially, it's all good. But HP still has a bunch of boneheads steering the ship. They better watch for icebergs.

We have all ready determined that the TouchPad should not be used as a cruise ship just for this reason
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3076412
    Welcome aboard to all new members.

Make sure you update you tablet to the new 3.0.2 version of webOS. There are also some patches that turn all of the error logging down to help speed up the response of the TouchPad. So search and get.
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Welcome aboard to all new members.

Make sure you update you tablet to the new 3.0.2 version of webOS. There are also some patches that turn all of the error logging down to help speed up the response of the TouchPad. So search and get.
    I assume that it will direct me to update the patches once I update the OS? Should I for any reason not update to latest, for example will I still be able to install homebrews? I also so have a PS3 and once you updated past a certian version you could no longer "" it to add homebrews. I guess you could say that Sony has caused me to be a little paranoid.
    Edit: Can I use a 5v-2a adapter to charge the HP TP
    Last edited by lartomar2002; 08/22/2011 at 12:04 AM.
    Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lartomar2002 View Post
    I know there will be some member that will be resentful of the new members because of the deal we got and I will understand.
    No resentment at all, others have already expressed that. To the extent that the sharp, rapid increase of new webOS users will get more attention to the platform is a very good thing. My hope is that this new attention and increased user base will encourage some developers to make a few more apps, but if no more apps are made in the short term, I am still happy I got a discounted Touchpad today.

Welcome to a friendly crowd.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Yea, there is no resentment here. Welcome to wonderful world of webOS. I don't have many posts but I've been reading these forums almost everyday for a year now (I've had Palm Pre+ since March 2010 after I wanted to upgrade from my Palm Treo [love them both!!]). This community is like a football team or better yet a family. We are close nit and will fight for each other and webOS. I just got a 150$ TP myself because I could not afford the 500-600 buck price point at this time (trying to build a new house). However, I could justify getting one for me and the misses while we continue to dish out cash for the house. Otherwise, I would have preordered it like a lot of the webOS community did.

On to the suggestions; I would take head to what toaster said and throw in some more recommendations:

1. I would get the app called "Glimpse." It is supposedly one of if not the best app on the TP. It takes mult-tasking to the next level by allowing you to do multiple things on the same screen. For example, you can have a window dedicated to your twitter client, internet browser, calculator, and doodle all running on the same screen!

2. I would also look into increasing the volume of the TP. The directions are located in this thread. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...me-anyone.html Beats audio is legit however, the volume sometimes on the TP isn't consistently the best all the time.

Finally, if you really want to have some fun, look into overclocking the TP via Uberkernel. The directions are spelled out here [url]http://www.webosbuzz.com/webos-information-tips-tricks/718-overclock-touchpad-after-webos-update-3-0-2-a.html[url] Again, welcome to the webOS community. You will see very shortly why a lot of people state that "webOS is the best most platform in the world".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast