Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    So, what attracted you to the Touchpad? Were you considering buying one eventually anyway and jumped at the chance to get one at such an awesome price or what? Just curious.
    This is me to a "T." I was AFK for most of the weekend and thought I missed the firesale, but I think I just managed to get one at Barnes and Noble's website. We'll see if it actually makes it into my hands.

I've been curious about webOS since the first Pre was announced, but I couldn't justify jumping into an ecosystem that looked so shaky. I did buy a 1st-gen Pre cheap on eBay with a bad ESN hoping I could use it as a wifi device. Little did I know that I'd have to learn Linux in order to do so. I haven't gotten around to cracking it open yet, so it's sitting idle on a shelf.

Anyhoo, I'm eager to jump in and learn the ropes. I was going to start a thread for newbies, but this one should do fine.
    Last edited by untitled; 08/22/2011 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Misspelling
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Welcome new WebOS users.
    Again, may I extend a very warm welcome to all new TP owners and WebOS users. Thanks for joining and I really hope that you come to enjoy your new devices and, in particular, this forum which is so imformative and supportive.
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    So, what attracted you to the Touchpad? Were you considering buying one eventually anyway and jumped at the chance to get one at such an awesome price or what? Just curious.
    Hi, I'm new here, just waiting and hoping that my HP order goes thru! I keep checking my e-mail and the order status on their website. I ordered 2 32GB ones. I wish I remembered where it was, but there was some post from HP that said it was honoring all the orders that were placed on their Small & Medium Business site, and that's where I placed my order Saturday evening.

Anyways, I was attracted to the TouchPad only because of the sale. I'm a FanDroid...I have a Motorola Droid X, a rooted B&N NookColor, and a Moto Xoom, which I just love to death. I hardly use it for what it is, and always look up how to tinker with the UI, with ROMs and such. When I saw the deal on the TP, I ran out to Staples, but they were out. So I looked all over online, and someone suggested the HP SMB section, so I waited thru several hours of error messages and finally got an order in and got a confirmation e-mail about an hour later.

For $150, I have another toy to play around with (even though I have no business spending any money right now!), and if nothing else, I have an e-reader/mp3/video/picture frame for a pretty good price....$100 less than my NookColor! The lack of apps for the TP is kind of a drag, though I haven't even really looked to see what's available. I'm just really looking forward to playing with a new OS, and learning about tweaking it, etc. I love forums....they've helped me with computers, my car...pretty much everything! And I'm hoping with the flood of new users, they'll all come to the forums and devs will keep up the app-making.

Just wanted to say hi, and I'm having fun already, even though I don't even have one yet!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12