1.    #1  
    any difference i should be concerned about between FB454UT and FB401UA?
  2.    #2  
    I have been searching but can't find an answer anywhere
    From what I hear the FB is the business edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    any difference i should be concerned about between FB454UT and FB401UA?
    One is defined as the Smart Buy version the other is defined as the commercial version.

FB454UT#ABA HP TP 1.2GHZ 16GB WIFI-SBY

FB401UA#ABA HP TP 1.2GHZ 16GB WIFI-COMMERCIAL
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    One is the "smart buy" (liquidation version - no warranty or returns). The other is the standard version that was bought before the fire sale or at a brick and mortar during the fire sale.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I'm guessing its some kind of model set up for businesses. Maybe with a different packaging, manual, etc. Google brought me to this

HP TouchPads ‚Äď Tablet PCs
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    One is the "smart buy" (liquidation version - NO WARRANTY or returns). The other is the standard version that was bought before the fire sale or at a brick and mortar during the fire sale.
    no warranty?!

hope that was a typo on your part
    I have yet to figure out the difference. At this point I am assuming that it is the manual that will be different, with one geared more towards a consumer and the other towards an enterprise user.

Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    One is the "smart buy" (liquidation version - no warranty or returns). The other is the standard version that was bought before the fire sale or at a brick and mortar during the fire sale.
    Totally untrue. "Smart Buy" usually applies to HP's PCs. They are preconfigured systems that most distributors will have in stock, so resellers can order them without having to wait for HP to build them. They often sell at a discounted rate under CTO (configured to order) systems.

Smart Buys from HP
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I've got a "Smart Buy" 32GB that was won in a contest. I don't notice any difference from the retail version.