1.    #1  
    Yesterday, I took a chance and placed an order with Buy.com for full-price TouchPads while they were in stock, in hopes that I'll be able to get them adjusted to the new "fire sale" prices. I see today that they're sold out (only available through third-party "marketplace" sellers now), but I'm not sure if they dropped prices first, just pulled their stock, or what.

Anyone else have an order pending with Buy.com at this point?

--John

(EDIT: Looks like they're back in stock again at the moment - still at full price, though)
    Last edited by jbennett; 08/21/2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Back in stock
    I ordered one also and tried calling HP and Buy.com to ask about refunds. Neither could help at this point. Maybe they will in a few days, not sure yet though.
    My experience with buy.com is not great so I would not order them at full price and expect a price adjustment.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I ordered a 32GB Touchpad on August 21 (after HP announced the price drop) for $499 plus tax = $531. Today I got a notice that it shipped. Went to buy.com and contacted support on the web chat and asked her to match the price to $149. After a minute I got the reply that the refund was authorized and I would get refunded $349.99. So my total cost for this Touchpad is $181. I guess they can't refund the difference in sales tax. Thank you Buy.com !!
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I called Buy.com and asked about price matching, the sales guy was very rude.