1.    #1  
    Just bought my HP Touch Pad today at my local best buy. It an excellent tablet for the money and everything seems to be working smoothly with the exception of facebook. When ever I try adding my facebook account to synergy, a wrong account information error message pops up. I've tried changing my facebook password and ever formatting the tablet but the problem still persists. If someone could help me with fixing this problem, I would most grateful. Thanks.
    are you able to log in through the browser?
    I found out the solution to this. My mother had this issue, and i had a post there a few days ago but no response.. However, here is your fix:

Log into your regular browser facebook, click account, account settings. Under account settings you will see your user name which will be:

http://www.facebook.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Use your username, which will be after facebook.com (so in this example, the xxxxx)

Enter that as your 'email address' and your regular facebook password.

It will then sign in.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I found out the solution to this. My mother had this issue, and i had a post there a few days ago but no response.. However, here is your fix:

Log into your regular browser facebook, click account, account settings. Under account settings you will see your user name which will be:

http://www.facebook.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Use your username, which will be after facebook.com (so in this example, the xxxxx)

Enter that as your 'email address' and your regular facebook password.

It will then sign in.
    I tried your directions and it didn't solve the problem. I entered my own username but the email apart confuses for. For instance when entering the username as an email address should it be something like xxx@gmail.com or xxx@facebook.com or should I enter the password without the ending?
    nope.. no @ whatever

If your user name was this for example:

http:// www. facebook. com/ litechocolate

just enter

litechocolate

then your password.
    Last edited by kjb86; 08/21/2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: link gives personal info away
    keep in mind your facebook needs to have a username set there as well

if not, set it, then do it.
  7.    #7  
    nope.. no @ whatever

Aaron Watkins | Facebook

just enter

litechocolate

then your password.
    Thats kinda creepy. No offense or aything.
  8.    #8  
    nope.. no @ whatever

Aaron Watkins | Facebook

just enter

litechocolate

then your password.
    Success. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by litechocolate View Post
    Thats kinda creepy. No offense or aything.
    umm wow
    that was the internet all by itself

i don't blame you

i just entered the Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More and then i entered your PC name for an example

LOL

odd
    see above i put the url for it and then it pops up hahah

cause i put http:// www. facebook. com/

so yea there you have it
    I have the same problem, I followed the advice and set a username and tried to login but I still get the 'bad request error' .... Any other thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrlind View Post
    I have the same problem, I followed the advice and set a username and tried to login but I still get the 'bad request error' .... Any other thoughts?
    got facebook to work. HaD to turn on platform apps in my privacy settings.
    Now I'm on to figuring out why skype wont work.
    is anyone else having trouble logging in using the stock browser? i can log in fine in advanced browser, but for some reason it keeps telling me i need to enable my cookies to be able to log in... they're enabled, so i don't understand the problem.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by litechocolate View Post
    Just bought my HP Touch Pad today at my local best buy. It an excellent tablet for the money and everything seems to be working smoothly with the exception of facebook. When ever I try adding my facebook account to synergy, a wrong account information error message pops up. I've tried changing my facebook password and ever formatting the tablet but the problem still persists. If someone could help me with fixing this problem, I would most grateful. Thanks.
    Hmm I just did it without a hitch do you remember your login info?
    I forgot my password at first then after 4 attempts I remembered and now I logged on through the app

did you update the software? You have to update the TP software the original is very buggy
    My wife had this same problem. Here's I fixed it-

1. COMPUTER- Log into you Facebook account on another computer.
    2. COMPUTER- Search for any facebook app and add that app to your FB page.
    3. TOUCHPAD- Now try to login FB on your TP. It should work.