Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Unless Newegg is getting the difference from HP (not confirmed and we can't just assume) then they have full right to not price match on a purchase. What one can HOPE they do is extend their return policy ala BestBuy and Amazon. But i know many people here want their Touchpad still and not just the money back.

I'm telling you, its not worth being an early adopter these days.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I'm telling you, its not worth being an early adopter these days.
    The truest statement in this thread. Newegg doesn't care about losing a few customers. Maybe they'll have a change of heart though, hopefully.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    This was posted on their FB page:
    Newegg.com - Company - Rowland Heights, CA | Facebook

Hi Fans! We want to let you know we are aware of the recent price drop on the HP Touchpads. We also want you to know that we will be reaching out via e-mail very soon to offer an appropriate price adjustment to all of our customers who have purchased HP Touchpads from Newegg regardless of the date of purchase.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through the details!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasjaka View Post
    This was posted on their FB page:
    Newegg.com - Company - Rowland Heights, CA | Facebook

Hi Fans! We want to let you know we are aware of the recent price drop on the HP Touchpads. We also want you to know that we will be reaching out via e-mail very soon to offer an appropriate price adjustment to all of our customers who have purchased HP Touchpads from Newegg regardless of the date of purchase.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through the details!
    Glimmer of hope! Thank you!

(Still no reply from Newegg about the email I sent on Friday.)
  5.    #45  
    Just received the email from Newegg -

You recently purchased an HP TouchPad Tablet. As you may already be aware, Hewlett-Packard has decided to discontinue this product. As part of the discontinuation, they have significantly cut the price of the HP TouchPad Tablet. Newegg wanted to contact you today and not only inform you of the discontinuation, but also give you an opportunity to benefit from the price reduction. Although Newegg is not required to match this price reduction, we are committed to keeping our customers happy and provide you with the following options.

Please read the following options carefully and respond to this email with your selection by 5:00 pm PST on Wednesday, September 7, 2011. If no response is made by that time, we will assume that you have elected Option C. These emails will be sent based on Sales Order Number. In the event you placed multiple orders for any version of this product, you will receive multiple emails and must reply to each individual email you receive in order to receive assistance.

OPTION A - If you select this option, Newegg will credit you 388.43 in the form of either a Newegg Gift Card or a credit back to your original form of payment. Please allow 4 to 6 business days for the Gift Card to be generated and sent to this email address, or the refund to appear back to your original form of payment, depending on which form of payment you specify in your response. By selecting this option, you understand that the sale will now be final and the product will no longer have any return, refund, or replacement policy rights through Newegg.

OPTION B - If you select this option, Newegg will provide a full refund once we receive the product back. An RMA with a pre-paid return shipping label will automatically be generated for you. Please return all original retail packaging and accessories, otherwise a 15% restocking fee may apply. Once the product is received, please allow 3 to 5 days for the RMA to be processed.

OPTION C - If you are satisfied with the product and are not interested in any type of refund, you may reply to this email selecting this option, or simply disregard this email. If you elect or do not timely respond, the original terms and conditions of your purchase will apply.

Newegg is dedicated to your complete satisfaction. We appreciate your cooperation and attention to this matter. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
    If they don't do the right thing, then they will lose customers, including me. I've been buying from them ever since TCWO went out of business some 8-10 years ago (it was big, but also located in Tampa, so I could just order on-line and pick it up locally). I've bought several thousands of dollars worth of stuff. So has my father. If they shaft me, I'm gone, and I'll let the old man know as well as others.

EDIT!! Scratch that. Just got the email!! Whoohoo!

Hey folks, make SURE you respond to the email, or you get the SHAFT!
  7.    #47  
    I was very specific in the response - I said "I'd like to go with Option A, which is a chargeback of $388.43 on the card of payment, which is a MC ending in XXXX."
    I also got an email from newegg giving me the 3 options. This was a very pleasent surprise and I'm definately going for option a
    who on earth would pick option 3?? I understand there will be some loyal (foolish) people out there who do this but seriously??
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    If someone told me a month ago I could have a touchpad for $99, a free 50GB lifetime box.net account, and $50 credit for apps, I'd have asked them what they're smoking. This is best tablet deal ever.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Has anyone received a newegg credit yet? It's been 4-6 days. But maybe they mean 4-6 days from the September 7, 2011 deadline.
  12.    #52  
    I called them today. They said I should be getting an additional email or callback by tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I received my credit from Newegg last night.
  14.    #54  
    Just received mine. Thank God that ordeal is now over.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123