Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Been bounced to the 4747 number, they are now getting a higher-level support tech involved.

Annnnd transferred again. I'm trying the sales dept.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Been bounced to the 4747 number, they are now getting a higher-level support tech involved.

Annnnd transferred again. I'm trying the sales dept.
    If you get any information let me know. I spoke to someone at support tech also; I'll PM you his name and line (though not direct line). He said he'll call me in "24-48 hours".
  3.    #23  
    I've been transferred ONCE AGAIN. CS says it's a sales issue, sales says it's a CS issue.

So they are considering it? Any info you can provide would be great.
    I've been transferred ONCE AGAIN. CS says it's a sales issue, sales says it's a CS issue.

So they are considering it? Any info you can provide would be great.
    I just PMed you. I kept getting bounced around too and I think the guy realized I wouldn't take no for an answer. I am going to get this refund from SOMEONE, I don't care who. I will call Leo himself if I have to.
  5.    #25  
    HP just told me since I didn't buy it from them, nothing they can do.
    HP just told me since I didn't buy it from them, nothing they can do.
    Somebody can do something; these are low-level sales idiots. We gotta get higher level than this. Anyone know any contact numbers/information for higher level people? I understand that even though we didn't buy it from HP, that the following is true:

1. Many retailers are giving refunds
    2. HP is offering retailers refunds to GIVE the refunds
    3. The retailers are not losing any money giving the refunds as if they do HP will pay them back

So my conclusion is that if the retailers won't make good on this offer, then I shouldn't get punished. I will take out the middle man myself and get the refund directly from HP. While not normal SOP, either is this entire situation.

It'll be an uphill battle but for $450 bucks (32gb at $599 vs. $149) it's worth it.
    Are they going to meet the price for future/current sales?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  8.    #28  
    Keep fighting the fight...I tried that number you gave me - webOS Butler service. On hold with them.

Telling you, Newegg will get comped and keep the difference.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Are they going to meet the price for future/current sales?

From talking to them, I gather they will, but their policy on TouchPad is that they won't pricematch.
    Has anyone found out how many they have in stock? I cant place an order until my funds hit my bank acct after 7 am.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  11.    #31  
    Spoke to a hjgher-level CSR, he says they are waiting for guidance from Corporate in "the coming days" (see what I did there?) and to expect an announcement. He says he'll call me on Monday or Tuesday.
    If Newegg doesn't fix this (I had to order from them as I missed my shot at BB) then this would be one big mess for them. If they don't pass the refund along to consumers and keep it for themselves, they will be vulnerable to a class action lawsuit. It's easier to simply take the refund money from HP, then they simply don't lose any money on the whole deal and the customer is happy. I've never known Newegg to want to actually tick their customers off. I am a LONG time customer of theirs. If they blink on this, they can kiss my a double s good bye. I don't take kindly to stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    If Newegg doesn't fix this (I had to order from them as I missed my shot at BB) then this would be one big mess for them. If they don't pass the refund along to consumers and keep it for themselves, they will be vulnerable to a class action lawsuit. It's easier to simply take the refund money from HP, then they simply don't lose any money on the whole deal and the customer is happy. I've never known Newegg to want to actually tick their customers off. I am a LONG time customer of theirs. If they blink on this, they can kiss my a double s good bye. I don't take kindly to stuff like this.
    Unfortunately, they're not the only ones doing this. Amazon is as well:

Amazon not matching Fire-Sale Price for Early Adopters
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Unfortunately, they're not the only ones doing this. Amazon is as well:

Amazon not matching Fire-Sale Price for Early Adopters
    That's old news Amazon is now refunding the price difference:

HP TouchPad Returns

A lot of retailers a trickling in their mind changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    That's old news Amazon is now refunding the price difference:

HP TouchPad Returns

A lot of retailers a trickling in their mind changes.
    Posted in the Amazon thread a response for you.
    I did the Newegg Chat about 15 minutes ago and the CSR said that they would not currently offer any sort of refund for the price difference but to check back at a later date as each refund in this instance is done on a case by case basis. I have spent between $5000-10000 at newegg over the last 5 years. I will not be a returning customer if they don't do the right thing here. Pitty to as I have always been a staunch supporter of newegg.

I love my touchpad by the way. I just feel like I should the same price as everyone else after purchasing August 10. If it was only 50 or 100$ I could deal with it. But $300 is a whole different ball game. I feel stupid for using BillMeLater (first time) now. Ugh.
    Last edited by Heroman0; 08/22/2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Additions
    After many calls I got walmart to adjust 200 off, Im still not happy but taking my business elsewhere. HP said its a retailer issue, looks bad for walmart and newegg though. I purchased july 5th online, got 2 weeks later. I am regretting it thats for sure. Still having issues.
  18.    #38  
    Putting in a price protection claim with MasterCard. I've given up on newegg and HP.
    Its really crappy that the other retailiers are not following suit.
    that link someone referenced above to amazon's policy; it actually just says for those purchasing after aug 14 or something like that. this is the justification the CSR gave me in a chat (Instant message) w/ amazon. frustrated, I called instead, and this lady did it w/o a problem.. she did have to call her supervisor but it was because the price difference she was refunding (450) (600 what I paid for 32 gig, now its 150) was above her authorization.. so I had a few tense seconds on hold while she contactd her supervisor,but came back on and said viola its done. I had her read back the CC (last digits) number she refunded it to and it matched, so.. ulp. cautiously optimistic that it is working out...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast