1.    #1  
    This is the $50 rebate for prior owners of a webOS phone(not to be confused with the $50 promotional code for early adapters of the TP). I sent my rebate request material in within a few days of receiving the TP. I found a page on the HP website to "check the status of your rebate request." No record of my submission was located. I sent an email to HP customer service asking them about the submission. They confirmed that they had no record but inferred that this was not a problem since it took much more than a month to update their site.

Here's my question: has anyone who submitted under this program either gotten their check or had HP acknowledge their submission?
    Don't expect anything from a mail-in rebate until a minimum of two months later, even if it's only a notice of submission. If you don't see anything by September then you can start being concerned.
  3.    #3  
    I apologize for my cynicism. I may never get the $50 rebate but they appear to be working on it. Orion, you were correct.
    I got the receipt of submission as well.
    I got an email from HP as well, looks like we are going to get the rebate.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Just got a second email from HP:>

Cxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for participating in the Touch Inspiration - BTS11 promotion.

We have received and processed your submission and have confirmed your eligibility. Please allow 2 to 4 weeks to receive your award.

You can track your status online by going directly to http://h30172.www3.hp.com/04status/Status.asp?

Your Tracking ID is: XXXX-1111-1111

Thank you for buying HP/Compaq products. We appreciate your business. For more information, including special offers on additional products, please visit your local reseller/retailer or our web site at HP - United States | Laptop Computers, Desktops, Printers, Servers and more

For details on Hewlett-Packard privacy policy, please visit here HP - United States | Online privacy statement

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.
    This is a system-generated e-mail that will not be forwarded for handling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Just got a second email from HP:>

Cxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for participating in the Touch Inspiration - BTS11 promotion.

We have received and processed your submission and have confirmed your eligibility. Please allow 2 to 4 weeks to receive your award.

You can track your status online by going directly to http://h30172.www3.hp.com/04status/Status.asp?

Your Tracking ID is: XXXX-1111-1111

Thank you for buying HP/Compaq products. We appreciate your business. For more information, including special offers on additional products, please visit your local reseller/retailer or our web site at HP - United States | Laptop Computers, Desktops, Printers, Servers and more

For details on Hewlett-Packard privacy policy, please visit here HP - United States | Online privacy statement

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.
    This is a system-generated e-mail that will not be forwarded for handling.
    I got the confirmation stating that - Your rebate check has been approved and will be mailed to you shortly.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    I just got my paperwork from HP it is an envelope and it says:

We appreciate your purchase, but your submission for the offer was declined for the following reason(s):
    - Your purchase date is outside the qualifying dates for this offer.

I preordered my Touchpad from Amazon.com

Order Placed: June 21, 2011 - it clearly states on the invoice:

Not Yet Shipped

It arrived July 1st!

So since I pre-ordered mine I cannot get my $50 rebate!

Way to thank...I mean SPANK your customers!

Has anyone else been denied because they preordered?

David
    Quote Originally Posted by dld121 View Post
    I just got my paperwork from HP it is an envelope and it says:

We appreciate your purchase, but your submission for the offer was declined for the following reason(s):
    - Your purchase date is outside the qualifying dates for this offer.

I preordered my Touchpad from Amazon.com

Order Placed: June 21, 2011 - it clearly states on the invoice:

Not Yet Shipped

It arrived July 1st!

So since I pre-ordered mine I cannot get my $50 rebate!

Way to thank...I mean SPANK your customers!

Has anyone else been denied because they preordered?

David
    Yep, just happened to me too.
    FYI for previous two posters. There have been reports that this is easily resolved. The thread is in this forum.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!