Page 1 of 13 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Guys,

I talked to Amazon earlier and they said they were refunding the difference only for people who bought the TP after August 12th. They didn't give me a reason for this, and I got disconnected soon after that.

Have any of you had any luck with them, or are you hearing the same thing? Do you think they might "change their mind" like Best Buy did?

This would be a good place to track the status of what Amazon is doing and any further updates.
    My last email from an Amazon Leadership Team member:

Hello Michael,

This is ******** with Amazon.com. As mentioned before, if we find out that we can issue the price drop by tomorrow, I will make sure that you are called back and refunded the amount. If we haven't heard anything by then, I will personally call you back on Tuesday to discuss our options. I apologize for any inconvenience, but I will make sure we get this resolved to the best of our ability.

Best regards,

Amazon.com
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
    http://www.amazon.com/your-account?tag=webosnation0e-20
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    They've extended their return policy ala Best Buy. It says to contact customer support for details so you could check back with them.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    They've extended their return policy ala Best Buy. It says to contact customer support for details so you could check back with them.
    I just called back and they said they still are not refunding the difference. Is everyone else getting the same response?
    What I got:

Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the HP tablet you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

Currently, we're unable to offer the price difference for the Tablet which are ordered before August 12, 2011. However, you can return the tablet back to us for a full refund.

If you'd like to return the tablet, please let us know so that we can help you with the return mailing label.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

[url removed]

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
    [url removed]

If no, please click here:
    [url removed]

Best regards,

Harish R
    Amazon.com
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
    http://www.amazon.com/your-account?tag=webosnation0e-20
    im getting the same response from Amazon. I'm actually quite disappointed in the way they are handling this compared to Best Buy, which is a rarity. I've had this escalated and apparently have to wait until Tuesday other back from a supervisor to try to get the price matching resolved. So frustrating compared to what others have been reporting at most other retailers.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Same here. I first requested via chat this morning about about 2 AM. He initially said he was going to issue refund and then cancelled the refund after checking further. A follow up call confirmed the same thing. I've sent an email also and am awaiting reply.

I agree that this is a very rare case of frustration and disappointment with Amazon.
    I plan on giving this a go on Monday, I bought mine before Aug. 12. We will see, hopefully it all works out. I love my TP, but would really like some money back if its avail. to me.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    I believe Amazon will eventually give in. I'm sure the Amazon CEO had to have a conversation with HP and make sure Amazon will be compensated for their expense before they gave the go ahead.
    I received the same response from amazon as well. I hope they cave and start issueing refunds. I don't want to return the device....
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Take the case to twitter. Social media is a very powerful tool if we use it. Include as many hashtags to get noticed by Bezos / Amazon / etc.
    I tweeted :
    Hey @amazon please do the right thing for @HP #TouchPad Early Adopters. Credit us, everyone else is.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    BeckeyJane likes this.
    Done!
    Amazon.com: FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB: Electronics

Do all the webOS faithful have their touchpads already? I lucked up and I'm trying to share my good fortune.
    jparso7150 likes this.
    We're sorry. The item FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.
    got it!
    We're sorry. The item FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Sold out
    Try the 32GB.
Page 1 of 13 123456 11 ... LastLast