Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    First call and first chat shot down. The argument they are giving "our prices fluxuate, deal with it" is really firing me up. Especially since we know HP will refund them the difference. Everyone needs to keep calling them. We also need to hit them on twitter, facebook, etc.
    I have begun to search for a statement from HP saying they will refund the retailers, I think if I can find it we have the "ammo" to get them to honor the deal.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    nyquistjack and joen05 like this.
    I'll post my order # here. I've read a couple of similar posts & it sounds like sometimes they'll say 1 thing but not refund etc....I should've got them to send me an email confirmation or something...oh well,I keep ching my cred card acct online and hope for the best
    taxi likes this.
    FWIW, a friend at work said that if you call Amazon, talk to a service rep, and then call back within 20-30 minutes, they'll send your call to a US based 2nd level customer service rep instead of level 1 which is likely in an offshore location.

Unfortunately, when I talked to them today, the offshore guy said they could refund it, but they would have to call me back tomorrow since the amount was over his approval level, and was going to send me an email confirming it. I didn't get an email, so I called back to find out what was the hold up, got a US based rep, who after talking with her supervisor, said they weren't going to give me a fire sale refund because I had purchased it before Aug 12.

I'll wait to see if I get a call tomorrow and then try again.
    maybe I'm paranoid, don't want to post my amazon order number here, but PM me if you want, I was able to get 450 credited back to my discover card ., if you think a concrete example would help. (btw I ordered July 3, so its def outside that aug 12 date orwhatever lame-o date it was)

I'm only skimming all the things here but it sounds like some people are having to go to extraordinary lengths to get it, or even after going to such lengths still being denied.. I feel bad and/or lucky/grateful: I did it on monday a.m.; I tried a webchat and was shot down, then I called and the person who answered (sorry didn't get name, or any identifier of our conversation) refunded it w/o much hassle. I think I just mentioned that "HP had sent a memo to retailers instructing a pricematch" and was READY to send a couple of links to various webpages that said this.. and she did it w/o really any protestations...

perhaps though, since this was monday a.m. and they'd just returned from a weekend of getting slammed w/ orders etc there was not official guidance in place yet? I'm fearful that people who're only calling back now may come up against a more 'unified' resistance from amazon as all CSR's are by now likely being told the same thing, whereas on monday a.m. not everyone could've gotten notice on how to handle these types of requests....
    Last edited by bdb777; 08/24/2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: forgot information
    I actually CRIED and they STILL didnt give me a damed REFUND!!! UGH!
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    I actually CRIED and they STILL didnt give me a damed REFUND!!! UGH!
    Keep Trying. I tried the first time via chat and they said no. I called the following day. The CSR was very nice and let me speak with a supervisor who said he understood my problem but my only option was to return for a full refund. Right after I hung up from that guy I tried chat again and they refunded me right away.

My Advice... Just keep trying until you get someone that actually knows what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    Keep Trying. I tried the first time via chat and they said no. I called the following day. The CSR was very nice and let me speak with a supervisor who said he understood my problem but my only option was to return for a full refund. Right after I hung up from that guy I tried chat again and they refunded me right away.

My Advice... Just keep trying until you get someone that actually knows what's going on.
    I called 3 times, and emailed. I havent tried chat, maybe I will do that tonight..
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213