Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYthing24 View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up. Barnes and Nobles is selling the 16 gig model for $101.95

HP TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory, WiFi 1.2GHz - Black, HP WebOS - Barnes & Noble
    I was going to order one, but I dont want to be a tosser who hoards them, I needed 2, and lucky to get a 3rd for my mother. Good hunting guys
    Quote Originally Posted by deezalmonds View Post
    Amazon.com: FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB: Electronics

Do all the webOS faithful have their touchpads already? I lucked up and I'm trying to share my good fortune.
    Do not. I returned my 32 to BB in the first frenzy, have missed replacing it time after time in the ensuing frenzy (including BB's later decision to sell them after all and price-match ).
    Still hoping Amazon does the right thing.
    Got one at the Barnes & Noble Link above! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    908 Global Posts
    I ordered one from onsale Yesterday Yesterday. I hope I get mine.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    In the UK, Amazon have them for sale for 312 or 399. What a ripoff!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Barnes & Noble FTW 117.00 with shipping & tax
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Still hoping Amazon does the right thing.
    Same here. I guess we will see soon enough. I have until September 2nd before I my 30 days deadline runs out. Hopefully they do something before then. I would love to keep it.

I ordered another one through the HP site, and if Amazon doesn't give me the refund then I will just return the old one and keep the new, but if they do give me the refund, I am keeping both and giving the other to my girlfriend.

If I would have known Amazon was gonna be like this, I would have bought it somewhere else. I thought they were a pretty reasonable company.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    the irony, huh?

people use amazon like they use wal mart- to be cheap.

now look what happened.

glad I bought mine at best buy. I also supported jobs by doing so.

the online cheap economy is going to come back to bite us in the rear end.
    What a strange point of view. You think those packages pack themselves and walk to my doorstep?

Best buy is (mostly) full of morons who hassle you for magazine subscriptions and $50 dollar wifi set-ups from geek squad. Not to mention overcharging and being unknowledgeable.

Amazon has fantastic customer service, great shipping, and great prices. Beats best buy any day.
    ght likes this.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Any new from the OnSale amazon marathon yesterday ?
    Confirmation or cancellation e-mail to anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Any new from the OnSale amazon marathon yesterday ?
    Confirmation or cancellation e-mail to anyone?
    Mine is still showing that it will be shipping soon. My CC has ben charged last night as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    Mine is still showing that it will be shipping soon. My CC has ben charged last night as well.
    same.
    After a small glitch mine is showing as shipping soon. I have a pending charge on my CC.
    I didn't feel like slogging thru 11 + pages; but the first post of this thread asked, and it was posted ~2 am yesterday morning.. well, I first tried amazon's chat, and was shut down- they said, as the OP noted in this thread -- that they'll only pricematch for purchases after aug 12 or something like that. he wouldn't budge. so I gave up and called, and that CSR rep did it w/o any hitches (well, she had to put me on hold to have her supervisor authorize because the amt of refund was high (450 since I bought the 32 gig in early july for 600).. so that was a tense few seconds of being on hold, I was worried she'd come back and say her supervisor said no, but, no, she came back on and said it was authorized. I guess I'll only really feel relieved when I see the credit on my card statement, but I'm optimistic.

moral of the story: as much as I hate talking on fone to csr's, bite the bullet on this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    I didn't feel like slogging thru 11 + pages; but the first post of this thread asked, and it was posted ~2 am yesterday morning.. well, I first tried amazon's chat, and was shut down- they said, as the OP noted in this thread -- that they'll only pricematch for purchases after aug 12 or something like that. he wouldn't budge. so I gave up and called, and that CSR rep did it w/o any hitches (well, she had to put me on hold to have her supervisor authorize because the amt of refund was high (450 since I bought the 32 gig in early july for 600).. so that was a tense few seconds of being on hold, I was worried she'd come back and say her supervisor said no, but, no, she came back on and said it was authorized. I guess I'll only really feel relieved when I see the credit on my card statement, but I'm optimistic.

moral of the story: as much as I hate talking on fone to csr's, bite the bullet on this one!
    After reading this, did the same and gave a call to customer service. Will be receiving a $450 refund! It did take a minute for the CSR to get authorization, but snags at all. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post

When did you buy? I preordered and didn't have luck when tried last week, but I know the world has changed since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by StompAWOT View Post
    When did you buy? I preordered and didn't have luck when tried last week, but I know the world has changed since then.
    Amazon is being ridiculously inconsistent with this. Some people are getting it done, some are not. I keep getting the August 12 date thrown at me, yet others are being refunded for their purchases.
    once those of you get your money back, I would REALLY be appreciative if you would let me know what your order # is so I can get the same treatment. I posted in another thread my whole chat with Amazon, it got no where. Then I got the survey email asking if my problem was resolved, so opted for them to call me. The lady was no help, and sounded ****ed. All I want is my money and some consistency, if they are gonna take a stance on not giving money back, then make it so.... But here we are some get it and some dont.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    nyquistjack likes this.
    First call and first chat shot down. The argument they are giving "our prices fluxuate, deal with it" is really firing me up. Especially since we know HP will refund them the difference. Everyone needs to keep calling them. We also need to hit them on twitter, facebook, etc.
    eallan likes this.
    The exasperated supervisor I talked to recommended snail mailing their corporate office. I guess I'll take the extra step to do that.

Amazon.com
    PO Box 81226
    Seattle, WA 98108-1226
    USA