Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Gone.

Both models at Amazon.com:
    "
    Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
    "
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Got 2 32 gig ones on amazon from seller on sale (checked out seller and has a great rating hoping everything is all good and orders are shipped already got charged and confirmation numbers! Looks like I'll be getting back into enyo, and finishing up my JavaScript studies though hopefully people buy my apps here, on wp7 I haven't had one sale on my app uFit and it's awed everyone I've showed it to because it's not just a basic weight watchers app it's a nice little nutrient tracking app that I put lots of work into, especially with the design... Then again people here are more supportive to devs
    needs moar smiley faces
    -Andy
    Fire Sale 32Gb TouchPad
    VZW Off contract Pixi Plus, like a boss
    Release day Palm Pre - Retired June 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSci625 View Post
    needs moar smiley faces
    had an interesting conversation with a professor in college about email/texting /blogging once. He told me how one of the biggest issues with communicating with people via digital means and not verbal or in person is there is no expression of emotions. He himself had so many emails which seemed rude but in actuality weren't, we exchanged stories of things that blew up just because the person took something the wrong way, thus he then told me that while emoticons sometimes seem teenish they do serve a much better purpose, they provide a digital emotion. I text a lot, write emails a lot and go to forums a lot thus I just kind of am used to portraying emotions as emoticons when communicating digitay I'm happy about finally getting a touchpad. I had webos for two years and left for windows phone, but really wanted a touchpad way before it was even announced. I knew a it was great for a touchpad! So my happiness was express in emoticons.

Reading this was your punishment for being sarcastic

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Jive Turkey likes this.
    HP TouchPad Returns

Amazon is price matching/refunding the differences!
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    had an interesting conversation with a professor in college about email/texting /blogging once. He told me how one of the biggest issues with communicating with people via digital means and not verbal or in person is there is no expression of emotions. He himself had so many emails which seemed rude but in actuality weren't, we exchanged stories of things that blew up just because the person took something the wrong way, thus he then told me that while emoticons sometimes seem teenish they do serve a much better purpose, they provide a digital emotion. I text a lot, write emails a lot and go to forums a lot thus I just kind of am used to portraying emotions as emoticons when communicating digitay I'm happy about finally getting a touchpad. I had webos for two years and left for windows phone, but really wanted a touchpad way before it was even announced. I knew a it was great for a touchpad! So my happiness was express in emoticons.

Reading this was your punishment for being sarcastic

I completely agree with him. Out of curiosity, what was his stance on paragraphs
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    HP TouchPad Returns

Wait I read this wrong my bad. Ignore!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    HP TouchPad Returns

This is still not the case. I was just on the phone with Amazon for another 20 minutes. They are sticking to what they have said before: Full refunds for all returns from June 19th on, Price matches for purchases after August 12. I'm not sure where you're getting that they've changed this.

Got my hopes up and dashed again.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    This is still not the case. I was just on the phone with Amazon for another 20 minutes. They are sticking to what they have said before: Full refunds for all returns from June 19th on, Price matches for purchases after August 12. I'm not sure where you're getting that they've changed this.

Got my hopes up and dashed again.
    Which makes no sense. They will pay you $499 and only be able to sell it for $99. But they will have to pay for your shipping as well so they will actually make less than $99 on it. Why not just give those of us looking for a price match the price match? In the end it would be cheaper.

I just tweeted: @Amazon, It would be cheaper to price match early @HP TouchPad buyers than pay for return shipping to refund $500 only to resell at $99. (@commadore_bob)
    Last edited by bobsentell; 08/21/2011 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Which makes no sense. They will pay you $499 and only be able to sell it for $99. But they will have to pay for your shipping as well so they will actually make less than $99 on it. Why not just give those of us looking for a price match the price match? In the end it would be cheaper.

I just tweeted: @Amazon, It would be cheaper to price match early @HP TouchPad buyers than pay for return shipping to refund $500 only to resell at $99. (@commadore_bob)
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm not sure why Amazon is making it so difficult for me to just get a partial refund to the $149 price (I got the 32GB).

I did tell them that there are plenty of people in the same situation, and they'll be hearing from us again and again until there is a good resolution.
    megaman821 likes this.
    I just tweeted you tweet, hope it wakes them up. Thanks for your words.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm not sure why Amazon is making it so difficult for me to just get a partial refund to the $149 price (I got the 32GB).
    No kidding. Tracking down and buying a replacement for $149 and then returning the original to Amazon is a pain in the
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    No kidding. Tracking down and buying a replacement for $149 and then returning the original to Amazon is a pain in the
    If this is sarcasm, then yes I get that I could have returned it and tried to get one through other channels (In fact, I did purchase more, as gifts, and to introduce some people to webOS), but then I'd have to wipe mine, and ship it off when it's really a perfect Touchpad, and just trying to get the same price as everyone else.

If you're serious, then ya... it's been difficult to get one at the new prices. You just have to be on the right page at the right time.

Yeah, I could buy one for $99. Thanks to the magic of webOS profiles, have all my data transferred to my new device and while I'm waiting for that prepaid shipping lable to print, wipe my old device. Send that used device back to Amazon, get my $500 back and Amazon turn around and try to sell it for $99 used.

HP said to price match ALL TouchPads. That means they are going to cover the difference. I doubt they are going to cover your shipping costs.
    Oh, and you know what is stupid about all of this. Jon Rubinstein SITS ON AMAZON'S BOARD!!!!!
    joen05 likes this.
    If you're serious, then ya... it's been difficult to get one at the new prices. You just have to be on the right page at the right time.

Nope. I'm serious. HP has put a hold on my CC for a TouchPad order and I have yet to receive any confirmation email. I have a printout of the webpage after it finally processed the order, but that's it. My bank tripped them up once because they thought it was a fraudulent transaction because of the retries.
    the irony, huh?

people use amazon like they use wal mart- to be cheap.

now look what happened.

glad I bought mine at best buy. I also supported jobs by doing so.

the online cheap economy is going to come back to bite us in the rear end.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    got mine today on amazon from onsale.com ,so excited. i was very fortunate!
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Nope. I'm serious. HP has put a hold on my CC for a TouchPad order and I have yet to receive any confirmation email. I have a printout of the webpage after it finally processed the order, but that's it. My bank tripped them up once because they thought it was a fraudulent transaction because of the retries.
    I think that you're good to go on the HP order. My card was charged (discover), and I've already got confirmation of my cashback. I called Discover this morning to confirm, as transactions had not appeared in my online account. The rep said you have two pending charges from hp.com, they'll post tomorrow.
    Yeah I did an amazon chat, got the same response.

I pointed out that it will cost them more in the long run to get my return and sell me a new one but the rep didn't care.

Whatever. I ordered 3 from the Amazon re seller (onsale?) earlier today - and I'll return mine for my refund. Whateva.
    Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up. Barnes and Nobles is selling the 16 gig model for $101.95

HP TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory, WiFi 1.2GHz - Black, HP WebOS - Barnes & Noble
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast