Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GodShapedHole
  1.    #1  
    Holy cow...I've never seen anything go this fast. I had no success with physical stores and the HP small/med business site is toast. Those sites that still list it for sale don't have it marked down from the $400 to $500 price tag.

Am I out of luck or do you folks think it'll take a while to shake all the remaining inventory loose?
    ebay will have a glut of them soon. It won't be a cheap as the firesale but you will probably be able to get one between $200-300 is my guess.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    ebay will have a glut of them soon. It won't be a cheap as the firesale but you will probably be able to get one between $200-300 is my guess.
    Sorry...I would never pay that much for a dead product. I was more than willing to go even up to $150 for a starter tablet/travel media device. With tens of thousands (perhaps hundreds of thousands) getting it for that much and most of the already-bought-its getting huge money back...$200 is $50 too much for the Touchpad.
    I fear that a LOT of those units that went away within minutes really went to ebay resellers. Buy at $100, stick them on ebay for $200. They're still gonna sell. Easiest money ever.
    turdsamich likes this.
    !!!!!!!!HP stated it gettign them back in stock *** well as pc richards and a few others according to the slick deal site.... hold tight you might still have a chance.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    definitely frustration to those of us who don't wake up and check the internet immediately :-( i'm SOL too, it looks like
    still hoping that HP will notify me per their website, though
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Sorry...I would never pay that much for a dead product. I was more than willing to go even up to $150 for a starter tablet/travel media device. With tens of thousands (perhaps hundreds of thousands) getting it for that much and most of the already-bought-its getting huge money back...$200 is $50 too much for the Touchpad.
    Its not that much really but I understand. I'm sure you'll find one for the price you feel is right at some point. I like Rod Whitby's quote from the front page,

"If you purchase consumer electronics for what it might do in the future, instead of what it does do today (and that includes available apps), then you will always end up disappointed."
    This happened so suddenly, I think there will be inventory shaking loose over the next week. You're going to need some luck though. My local Best Buy actually shipped their units back before the policy was changed. They didn't have anything yesterday or this morning so I believe they were telling me the truth. Those units are going to pop up somewhere. HP might have some on their site too as the last production comes in or units get returned.

My guess for Ebay prices is ~$200. A glut means lower prices.
    Everyone go to Aamazon NOW! I just bought a 32GB.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    Everyone go to Aamazon NOW! I just bought a 32GB.
    thanks for the heads-up!! i'm still waiting for a 16 gb, though
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamoses View Post
    thanks for the heads-up!! i'm still waiting for a 16 gb, though
    Amazon.com: FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB: Electronics

Get on Amazon the 16gb option is available for $99!
    I got a message from the HP Customer Service that says they expect to have some Touchpads in stock tomorrow. They don't know how many of them though and which models.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    WOW! how did you find those links so quickly?? i've never checked out so quickly :-) THANKS!!
    I got a 32gb coming! Thanks for the heads up!
    I hope the OP got one off of amazon.
    Wow, thanks for the link. Thought I was out of luck.

Fire Leo!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I hope the OP got one off of amazon.
    I just did, thanks!

Went out to dinner and the tides changed.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    According to this lady: Twitter
    They will be re-stocking.
    Maybe this is the most outlandish publicity stunt on HP's part to get webos into the hands of the masses??
    Back to reality...from the same people who have dragged the Pre 3 out long enough to kill it off...lol..