1.    #1  
    Placed my order with Amazon yesterday for the 32gb as soon as I heard they were selling out everywhere. I ordered from Amazon directly and at the old retail price of $475. Called this morning and they adjusted the price to the new sale price of $149. Item lists as not yet shipped and for the new lower price. Cust service says they will only do this for orders where Amazon is the seller. GLTA.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Same here. I ordered the 16GB version from Amazon/Prime expecting that they would eventually get things right. At worst, I will return for refund if they don't follow through.
    I purchased mine from Amazon, and they will not honor the new price.
    this is my chat with them moments ago.

You are now connected to Ravi from Amazon.com.
    Me:Major price reduction.
    I spoke with HP customer care about the price reduction, she told me that I needed to contact you about receiving the price difference.
    Ravi:Hello, my name is Ravi. I'll be happy to help you.
    Me:Thank you
    How do I receive my price difference?
    will you credit my account?
    I used my Store Card
    Ravi: I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the item your purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee
    Me:I understand, I was told by the HP rep. that they had given all of their re-sellers "authorization" to honor the new pricing. Is this not true?
    But I need to contact you for the difference
    Ravi:I'm so sorry Jeremy, We will not be able to honor that price. Prices on some items may change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we can't honor new discounts for completed orders.
    Are we still connected, Jeremy?
    Me:Considering these special circumstances, all other retailers are honoring the prices, ie: BestBuy, Staples, And many others. Is Amazon not wanting to take the same action as all others
    Ravi:I'm sorry I don't have better news for you; this is our policy at this time.
    Me:I would prefer not to return my item, to simply turn around and purchase it at another store.
    Ravi:I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you order from us. We would certainly be sorry to lose your business, and do hope you'll consider us for your future shopping needs.
    Me:Am I to understand that I will not be able to receive help on this matter today?
    Ravi:I apologize for the inconvenience. We'll not be able to honor that price for you. We won't be able to comment on this issue further.
    Me:I am sorry you are unable to help me, do you suggest that I return this item?
    Do I have any options?
    Ravi:If you want to return the item, I can give you a mailing label to return the item back to us
    Me:Not at this time, I have several days left before I hit my 30 days, I hope you change your view before then. I will contact you then for the return label if nothing has changed.
    Ravi:Okay Jeremy. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Me:Obviously not
    Thank you
    Ravi:Thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
    Ravi from Amazon.com has left the conversation.
    Last edited by liv4rc51; 08/22/2011 at 10:32 AM.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    What is with Amazon? They are not making me want to do business with them in the future.

Amazon =
    There releasing a low cost tablet soon and this fire sale is hurting it's Christmas sales hopes. Just a theory but most tablet and ebook manufactures can't be real happy with low price touchpads.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    There releasing a low cost tablet soon and this fire sale is hurting it's Christmas sales hopes. Just a theory but most tablet and ebook manufactures can't be real happy with low price touchpads.
    Their tablet will be Kindle centered. Kindle fans are a special breed. Everyone else who wants a tablet with Kindle just an option out of many apps has plenty of choices. Sure, the TP is raking business from other tablet makers but not so much from a future Kindle centered tablet.
    I just spoke with Amazon (on the phone). The lady claims that on Aug. 12th they had a special promo for the 32gig for $149.99, so because I didn't buy mine then I have no leg to stand on for requesting a price difference refund. I'm confused, 1) I wasn't aware of any such sale, and 2) If I had purchased it then for 149.99 why would I want a refund for the difference. I paid 500.00 Amazon has no idea what they are doing.

Amazon =
    Bump
    Another supervisor told me to stick it where the sun don't shine. I am writing a letter (is this 1991) to their corporate office tonight and mailing it out. I'll also call again tonight.

Hope some of you are having better luck than me.
    I'll call today. Can someone please post the toll free # if you have it? They sure as heck don't make it easy to find on their site..
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    I'll call today. Can someone please post the toll free # if you have it? They sure as heck don't make it easy to find on their site..
    Use the contact us button and have them call you, also the number is listed below on the same page.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Nevermind, here it is. Hope there aren't any rules against posting numbers. Here's Amazon's US customer service number: 1-866-216-1072. The international number is: 1-206-266-2992 (this one isn't toll free, obviously).
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Another supervisor told me to stick it where the sun don't shine.
    LOL