Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hello new Touchpad owner here

I've have some movies that I had encoded previously for my iPad through usb into the download folder of the Touchpad. I encoded with Handbrake so it works fine in iTunes on the iPad I read that it supports H.264. However, when I launch the Photo and Video app, I see the video, but when I click to play on it, nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an app that I should be downloading to play these videos?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiphantom View Post
    Hello new Touchpad owner here

I've have some movies that I had encoded previously for my iPad through usb into the download folder of the Touchpad. I encoded with Handbrake so it works fine in iTunes on the iPad I read that it supports H.264. However, when I launch the Photo and Video app, I see the video, but when I click to play on it, nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an app that I should be downloading to play these videos?

Thanks.
    I don't know but there's an media player from kalemsoft that plays most if not all formats natively so no need to transcode well worth the money.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Solved it, the file had to renamed to .mp4. The file name for the ipad was .m4v

edit: that seemed to only work for one movie
    Last edited by digiphantom; 08/21/2011 at 03:34 PM.
    Buy Kalemsoft media player no more need to wait 100 hours to convert files I can just download them directly to my touchpad and watch.
    How well does Kalemsoft player handle 720p mkv files?
    I'll most likely be watching 420p mkv files but some goes up to 720p so I'd like to know.

Also, I see no mention of subtitles support. Do I have to hard code them?

Kinda sad that there seems to be only one option for a video player.
    I use m4v on my Pre2 all the time. That shouldn't be the problem.