1.    #1  
    got my touchpad for 149$ and today noticed it has a sim slot i can pop out?? does that mean it can do 3g??
    check this out:

HP TouchPad surfaces in Vietnam with SIM slot for 3G | Electronista
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    got my touchpad for 149$ and today noticed it has a sim slot i can pop out?? does that mean it can do 3g??
    check this out:

HP TouchPad surfaces in Vietnam with SIM slot for 3G | Electronista
    Pictures???
    that's a placeholder for the 3g devices that would use the same parts. You can't put anything in there. Pop it out and you will find your serial number.
    On my first on it also has that same opening, but not a sim slot on mine. Maybe just was a case designed for both versions? And on the wifi it is just a blanking card? I think when I popped it out though I lost wifi, not really sure did not pay much attention. An no I cannot try it now I sent that one back.

Everything I am saying is just conjecture. So take it with a grain of salt.

Waiting on another from HP.
  5.    #5  
    hmmm but there is a groove for a sim, what would happen if i put one in. yes i do see my serial number tho
    I hope you are not confusing the serial number slot which pops out like SIM card.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  7.    #7  
    but that serial number slot, is the 3g slot in those models. the sim goes in the top of it... ?? wonder if it would work
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    No it would not work. The wifi versions of the HP TouchPad do not have the 3G or 4G radios necessary to do this. It is a placeholder only.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    it is connected but it will be activated in a future update says a palm representative
    Quote Originally Posted by wastefulmr111 View Post
    it is connected but it will be activated in a future update says a palm representative
    I don't think this is true(the bit about an update from Palm) unless you happened to get one of the few 4g models out there. the standard wifi TP does not have the WWAN hardware on the board to support the sim, so putting the card in the placeholder slot would not do anything. do you see the signal bars icon in the notification bar?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3