Page 94 of 185 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I'm in the cycle where the other order status updates every day. What I don't understand is:

1) Who programmed this thing to update every day with useless information

2) Who programmed something where a field marked PLANNED SHIP DATE can be updated with a date from the past, especially when you know it didn't ship on that date.

I sure hope the webOS programmers aren't the same guys that do the website programming.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    I'm in the cycle where the other order status updates every day. What I don't understand is:

2) Who programmed something where a field marked PLANNED SHIP DATE can be updated with a date from the past, especially when you know it didn't ship on that date.

I sure hope the webOS programmers aren't the same guys that do the website programming.
    1) They just need to pick a ship date about 6-8 weeks out and put everyone on that date. If you get yours brfore then, you'll be thrilled. If you get it by that date, you'll at least be satisfied that they met their ship date.

2) Oops, they missed that in the planning meeting.

I don't think point 1 is valid, as the times of the changes are quite random. If it were automated, it'd be the same time every day (or extremely close to it if the server were heavily overloaded).

As to your second point, I couldn't agree more!

Why they have someone going through the trouble of making these updates daily (3x in 22 hours when it started for me) is absolutely beyond comprehension!
    Just look at my signature for the updates I've seen already (the first 5 fit, I'll probably have to do some serious abbreviations before I receive my unit).
    Ordered 8/20 11:30am, confirmation 8/20 8:25pm EST
    "in 2 weeks" email 9/2 6:12pm
    1st update (since order date) 9/8 10:23 GMT: status "admin", shipped 9/4, due 9/8.
    2nd 9/9 01:26 GMT: Ship date is blank & deliver date is "date will follow"
    3rd 9/9 08:02 GMT: Ship date 9/5, delivery 9/9
    4th 9/10 09:11 GMT: ship 9/6, deliver 9/10
    5th 9/11 08:41 GMT: 9/7, 9/11
    I've stopped trying to keep up (it actually updates twice a day, alternating between fake dates and "date will follow" as above.
    WOOHOO moved back to Date will follow!

i feel special
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I wonder if they are going to send out the 32 gigs from the 2 week email batch today, or wait until Friday again. Hopefully today as I can't wait!
    r_wright1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    WOOHOO moved back to Date will follow!

i feel special
    ...aaand back to todays date.
    major payne likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    ...aaand back to todays date.
    Yep BWAHAHAHAHA

12-Sep-2011 08-Sep-2011

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I got an email yesterday.

Hewlett-Packard Company

Date: 09/11/11
    Subject: Credit Card Declined for Order 030579XXX

The credit card for order# 030579XXX has been declined. Please contact
    your credit card institution for details. Your order will be placed on
    a 5 day hold before the order is cancelled. We will reprocess your
    order daily unless you advise HP that you wish to cancel. If approved,
    we will process your order and send you an email confirmation.
    If at the end of the 5 day hold period the credit card is still declined
    you will need to replace your order on the SMB Public website.
    We appreciate your business.
    W T F. There has been a hold on my account for the last 3 weeks for the touchpad.
    Why would it be declined if they already have the money being held. Obviously I cant reorder cause they are all gone.

I just called them and they said they are going to reprocess the card and if it still doesn't work they will request a different card. I just hope I dont get billed twice for this madness.

It seems like they are attempting to charge then ship it today.

EDIT: Actually now that I look at my order it says, request date: 9/11/11, planned delivery date: 9/14/11
    Last edited by Prelude Ron; 09/12/2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Ordered 32GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1pm HPO#30579xxx, WO#4423xxx
    wow smack them around and call them susan

fwinst likes this.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I keep getting new coupons from the HP SMB store. However, since I haven't received shipping status on anything I bought through them yet (Not just TP, but accessories as well), I'm not really comfortable buying anything else through them. Anyone else getting coupons every other day or so??
    I just checked my Bank Account to see if by some miracle there had been any activity with my TP order. There has not but there was a $1.00 token charge that I guess it was for the 2 TP cases I had ordered from the SMB website.

I haven't gotten any coupons.

Now here's a Reality Check. I ordered the TP cases with Standard Overnight Shipping. (It was only $1.00 more) They are supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Have I gotten ANY kind of shipping notice? Just the confirmation email with the "You can check your order here link". But no tracking number. They don't show anything through the website. Nothing. Nada. They just show expected arrival date of the 13th.

I guess they could just show up at the door.
    "Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, creeps at its petty pace....."
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    bluenote likes this.
    advocate2, I would call and check if you haven't - If any of the numbers mean anything, you s/b before me on both accounts
    Ordered 32 GB TP at 0030, 22 August - received confirmation next a.m. 4397xxx, 3055xxxx - received 6-8 week letter on 9/7/11. Received 2nd Delay letter 10/4/11. Received ship confirmation 10/7/11/
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Wow, I purchased mine yesterday morning, before I posted on here, and mine aren't scheduled to arrive until the 19th. HP order tracking/shipping strikes again.
    I just checked my order status on the 2 cases. They had a shipping date of 9/12 with a delivery of 9/14. That hasn't changed but I have no emails stating they have shipped. One of the order screens now has a different total than I originally had (and that is currently showing on my credit card.) Here we go again, hahahahahahhahahah!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raysgrumpy View Post
    I just checked my order status on the 2 cases. They had a shipping date of 9/12 with a delivery of 9/14. That hasn't changed but I have no emails stating they have shipped. One of the order screens now has a different total than I originally had (and that is currently showing on my credit card.) Here we go again, hahahahahahhahahah!
    Shockingly, the case I ordered from the Home store was drama free other than them screwing up the tracking number when it was initially posted.

But the SMB store appears to be a never ending source of amusement.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Shockingly, the case I ordered from the Home store was drama free other than them screwing up the tracking number when it was initially posted.

But the SMB store appears to be a never ending source of amusement.
    Yes, SMB does seem to be a good deal less than efficient in the order processing/shipping area. I ordered 3 items on 9/8, at around the same time. I ordered a Targus case from HP SMB, a TP Keyboard from B&H Photo, and a new Trackball from Logitech. The keyboard and Trackball both shipped the next day. One will be delivered tomorrow, and the other on Wednesday. HP SMB has yet to ship. The only email I have received is my order confirmation (sound familiar?), and the online status says it has a "Planned ship date" of 9/16 (of course this is the same status tracking that gives me such wonderfully accurate status for my TP). Really HP, 8 days just to ship a TP case? Thank goodness I don't really need it right away. The only reason I want to see that it has shipped is because I want to return a HP case to Microcenter. I paid $49.99 for it, and if I can get the Targus, I don't want the HP case. I just want to make sure that I'll get the Targus case before I return the other. If HP plans on keeping this department around, they need to get rid of the clowns running it, and make some significant improvements.
    One week later.....

Prior to getting the last email, me and everyone else were quite frenzied and I had kinda lost my excite about even getting a tablet.

Since the email, I've only checked my order status, CC account, and even this thread a handful of times. My accessories are boxed up and have been set aside on my book shelf. And I'm finding that my anticipation for the TP has adjusted accordingly, as in I feel the closer I get to the last few weeks of waiting my excitement will be where it was before.

I fully expect HP to deliver within the 6-8 week window they indicated. And then, I'll probably start posting in other threads
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    I fully expect HP to deliver within the 6-8 week window they indicated. And then, I'll probably start posting in other threads
    wait wait wait... you mean there are other threads!!!

on a different note
    13-Sep-2011 09-Sep-2011

Well here's a shocker. My TP Targus cases are not going to arrive today. I called the 800 number, hold time was relatively short, 8-10 minutes. The Order Rep said the cases are on BACK ORDER and will not be in until next week some time. I told her that was awfully nice of them to inform me since all I had was the email telling me my cases would arrive today with the 1 day expedited shipping I had paid for. She of course apologized and I told her it wasn't her fault but that HP wasn't treating their customers very fairly.

While I had her on the line I asked her about my TP order and she gave me the 6-8 week spiel - as if it were pre-programmed in - I'm sure it is by now. I told her I got the 2 week email last week and that some had shipped out last Friday from that email and so when could I expect mine? And she said well, maybe sometime within the next 2 weeks because they had to build some more.

I think what they did do with the ones they had was give them to Tiger Direct and QVC and some other retailers and started giving out the 6-8 weeks stuff to the SMB people who have ordered. I think they are trying to build Customer Relations with Big Business and screw the little people. Us. From that last Friday shipment of the 2 week email - other shipments should have gone out on Monday and Tuesday. But nobody here has gotten an email. Instead, over the weekend there was a mass sell-a-thon from TigerDirect and QVC. Now where could have all of those TouchPads come from all of the sudden? Paint me a conspiracy lunatic if you want but that's what I think.

Thanks HP. We'll think about you the next time we need a computer. HP will be the last thing we look at or recommend.

Meanwhile, my QVC TouchPad will be here TOMORROW. At least someone knows how to take orders and know when they are sold out. They even give out tracking numbers.
    well, my shipping status changed again. for the last few days every night when i'd check it would say shipping status to follow or whatever it is, then in the morning it would have that current day as the shipping date.

today my status was updated to show planned shipping date 9/17 and deliver date 9/21.

I was one of the people who got the 6-8 week email.
    order placed 8/21 at 4am EST purchase order 4396XXX web order 3061XXXX