Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobeekay View Post
    Me too!
    Me three!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raysgrumpy View Post
    Thanks, I ordered 2 last night now that I'm more confident in receiving my Touchpads. My cases are already scheduled to be here next Wed. I hope I have something to put in them soon!!
    Wow, I purchased mine yesterday morning, before I posted on here, and mine aren't scheduled to arrive until the 19th. HP order tracking/shipping strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Wow, I purchased mine yesterday morning, before I posted on here, and mine aren't scheduled to arrive until the 19th. HP order tracking/shipping strikes again.
    Were you not able to find this case from somewhere else at a comparable price?

I only ask because after all the BS we got from ordering our TPs for HP, I can't imaging you'd want to put yourself through that again.

I got the Touchstone and bt keyboard, but passed on the case in favor of a cheap sleeve. I'm just not crazy about adding bulk to my devices.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    Just checking in. Since I got my email I think I checked the status of my TP order once this week - more to kill a little time than anything else.

I checked my CC account today too. The third hold amount is still the amount of the TP with rush shipping. I'm not concerned about HP actually putting that charge on verse the free shipping amount once it ships, but it seem that if HP insists on keeping the hold on my CC, they'd at least put the correct amount on there - especially after 3 weeks.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    Have you SEEN the HP TouchPad case in person? Frankly I am NOT impressed with it!! It is highly overpriced for it IMHO and doesn't seem to offer ANY protection or much of anything other than a high HP price tag. If I had seen one first I would have bought something else I think. It is very thin and tries to look like an iPad cover. If you buy one, try to find the leather one at least. This cheap plastic one is for the birds.
    Well, Amazon is shipping out my BT keyboard today. It was on backorder and wasn't supposed to get here until October -- a long time AFTER I figured my TP would arrive. But it's getting here early while my TP is taking its good old time. Sigh....
    I have a 16GB on order and my order number starts with 439.... ordered on the 21st. Shipping date keeps changing, but I called them and they said 6-8 weeks, same as the email I got. they reassured me I am getting it. So hopefully by Halloween....
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Hmmmm can someone who has received their TP chime in. Did you guys get any notification from SMB that it was shipped? I have not checked my order in almost a week and see that it was changed a couple days ago to shipped a couple days ago and supposed to be coming in today. This is an order that has not ever changed and been in date will follow and admin forever. Are they just adding random dates to the admin status orders now to. Web Order #440*** HP order #305***. Also when people are putting their order number are they using the web number or order number to post on here and let people know where they fall in line? Thanks much
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Nope, the cheapest I could find this case for was $50ish. $19.99 lured me in. I feel so dirty. ;-)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    I bought two inexpensive cases from Amazon and will be returning both (around $10 ea) so I thought paying $20 for leather wasn't a bad deal. Got the 2 day delivery for $10 for the ground shipping was over $12...didn't like that too much. Then again, is the case is as nice as fwinst and I believe it to be - it's still a good deal.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drew0tonna View Post
    I just tried to order a TouchPad case at HP.com - I added one item to my cart: they are a little expensive today...

Shopping cart
    Items: 193409 View cart
    Subtotal $3,750,453.00
    Looks like someone at HP has *finally* realized that the trick to being successful in consumer electronics is to sell the device at a loss, but make it up with huge margins on the accessories that many people will want to buy. Unfortunately for you, they appear to be trying to recover the loss from the entire fire sale on the few cases they still have in stock.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    bluenote likes this.
    Yes, I wish I had bought that one. That looks much better than the HP plastic one and a MUCH better price darnit.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I ordered a touchstone and sleeve from HP's H&HO web site last weekend, and took the free ground shipping since I won't have anything to put into it for 6-8 weeks thanks to the SMB Touchpad fiasco. Per the FedEx web site, it has traveled from Mississippi to Pennsylvania via Ohio, and appears to be on schedule for delivery two days earlier than they quoted! The order confirmation e-mail came with a customer satisfaction survey web link in it, and I really don't have a reason to complain...with this purchase anyway. It appears that at least one department inside HP has their act together and knows how to communicate with its customers.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    ummm- anybody want to buy 2 cheap looking plastic genuine HP TouchPad cases? ;D
    allowingtoo, did you get your cases from Amazon too - lol?
    How many different Touchpad cases are out there? Has anyone done a review of them all together?
    No, thanks to fwinst I bought this case - (pictures here). I'll take leather over plastic any day. Once I saw the HP case and realized there was NO protection with it, I was dismayed to say the least. I can't believe the reviews for the HP case - I don't know what they are thinking.

I guess I'll sell my HP branded plastic cases on eBay. I paid $15 for one before I knew any better and the other came bundled with the QVC TouchPad I bought Friday.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMansfield View Post
    How many different Touchpad cases are out there? Has anyone done a review of them all together?
    There are 3 or 4 different "stand" cases that I've seen being sold; the HP case, Targus case, and 2 different cases on eBay. The Targus case is the only LEATHER stand case I've seen for sale. I haven't tried any of them with the Touchpad because...well...I'm still waiting for my HP order to ship. However, I have played with the Targus case on my friend's iPad. It looks nice, and works rather well. I'm sure all of them will do a good job protecting the TP. The only question is which ones work best with the gestures? As soon as I get my TP, I'll let you know which of the 2 covers I have I like the best (HP or Targus).
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Have you SEEN the HP TouchPad case in person? Frankly I am NOT impressed with it!! It is highly overpriced for it IMHO and doesn't seem to offer ANY protection or much of anything other than a high HP price tag. If I had seen one first I would have bought something else I think. It is very thin and tries to look like an iPad cover. If you buy one, try to find the leather one at least. This cheap plastic one is for the birds.
    I thought this too when I first got it.. After using it for a bit I really like it a lot.. I think its well done.. Being thin is a bonus I think. Its NOT going to protect it against a 10 foot drop for sure. But for day to day use I like it a lot.
    Well, I guess you'd have to know me

I have knocked my prongs out of my wedding ring several times LOL. I finally ended up getting it reset with double platinum prongs after the third head being put on. For some reason I'm just not the most graceful person. So I tend to buy things that have a fail safe built in.

The HP case will not do it for me. The Targus case looks a little safer for me