Page 90 of 185 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
  1. #1781  
    latest update -
    'date to follow' changed from 9/8
    warehouse changed to NE from IN

    i wish i could stop checking the status
    torrguy likes this.
  2. #1782  
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeangel View Post
    @glabifrons

    You may want to check your status again! Mine did exactly the same thing yours did! Except I just checked it and it went back to "Admin" and "date will follow" from it saying "planned delivery date: 08-Sept-11" and "Planned ship date: 04-sept-11"

    I think they are just cruel to tease!! I am in the 2 week window but still nothing on actually getting my tablet!
    Sadly, you're right.
    Ship date is now blank and delivery date is back to "date will follow". :'(
    Oddly enough, the date they list for the changed status is 9/9/2011. I guess HP SMB is in Europe somewhere.
    Ordered 8/20 11:30am, confirmation 8/20 8:25pm EST
    "in 2 weeks" email 9/2 6:12pm
    1st update (since order date) 9/8 10:23 GMT: status "admin", shipped 9/4, due 9/8.
    2nd 9/9 01:26 GMT: Ship date is blank & deliver date is "date will follow"
    3rd 9/9 08:02 GMT: Ship date 9/5, delivery 9/9
    4th 9/10 09:11 GMT: ship 9/6, deliver 9/10
    5th 9/11 08:41 GMT: 9/7, 9/11
    I've stopped trying to keep up (it actually updates twice a day, alternating between fake dates and "date will follow" as above.
  3. #1783  
    Quote Originally Posted by glabifrons View Post
    I guess HP SMB is in Europe somewhere.
    They use GMT as their standard server time, it appears.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
  4. #1784  
    Quote Originally Posted by xolga View Post
    latest update -
    'date to follow' changed from 9/8
    warehouse changed to NE from IN

    i wish i could stop checking the status
    my warehouse changed too from NE to IN, also went from allocated to backordered.

    BUT, since i received the 2-week message, I'm excited to think that my touchpad may be shipping in one week. can't believe i can be excited about a week's wait.
  5. #1785  
    Quote Originally Posted by netzer119 View Post
    agreed. If you want a super-cheap HP touchpad with webos 3 and the chance to put android on it down the line once you get bored, then wait patiently. If, on the other hand, you are actually willing to spend 450+ on the tablet of ur choice, then godspeed. I personally would not be able to justifiy paying that much for a tablet. Put those $30/week into savings and buy urself a car in a few years...or spend it on drugas...not a tablet.
    Exactly. I think the only issue is that HP failed at setting expectations. If they had sent out a press release saying that they were taking pre-production orders for their $500 TouchPad for just $100, with an e.t.a. of mid-late November, I would still have raced to my PC and spent three hours banging in an order.
  6. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #1786  
    I ordered this case made by Targus from the HP site. My friend has one that is made for his iPad. It's a nice case. It is real leather, not pleather like the official HP case. It is designed for the touchpad. Best of all, it's $19.99. Normally around $60 just about everywhere online.
  7. #1787  
    Quote Originally Posted by Exbat View Post
    Exactly. I think the only issue is that HP failed at setting expectations. ...
    That's why I never allow anyone or anything to set my expectations, other than hard facts from trusted sources. HP is not on my current List of Trusted Sources.

    I also try very hard not to be an optimist, although sometimes I just can't help myself. Google Books-- The Optimism Bias: A Tour of the Irrationally Positive Brain, by Tali Sharot.
    - Bubba
    chrisjpopp and daffy4u like this.
  8. #1788  
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    sit back, wait, and don't sweat the small stuff
    Best advice in a while.
    ----------------------
    I am using DailyMonitor android app to keep an 24/7 eye on my order.
    Lets hope it pays off.
    torrguy likes this.
  9. #1789  
    Just got off the phone with SMB Customer Service, whom I called to update my credit card information. I got that taken care of and I asked if the 6-8 weeks out was from when we got the emails or order date, and he said it was 6-8 weeks from date of order. Of course we all know how well HP has been so far............
  10. #1790  
    Since I had not received any emails of any type, I decided to call again just to make sure my order had not been lost in the system. First I called the small business number that came with the initial email since it was the easist one for me to access at the moment. Got the recorded message about the TP and that average hold time in the last hour was 18 min. Hung up and found the number in this thread and got through pretty quickly.

    The first rep I talked to said emails were supposed to have gone out to everyone on Sept 2. I said thats what I had heard as well and since I didn't get one just wanted to make sure my order had not been cancelled or lost.

    He said he could not help me and I would have to talk to the folks at the small business order center and transfered me back to the normal Small Business customer order center! Got to hear the recorded message again and was on hold for about 20 min when I got a guy who sounded like he was from Pakistan.

    Now I don't blame these reps for the whole HP ordering mess and I am sure their job really sucks right now, but it would be nice if they actually listened to the customer now and then. He kept telling me that an email would go out when the order was shipped. I kept saying I know that, but there was also supposed to be a general email to everyone who ordered but not shipped telling them about the delay and I wanted to make sure that I was still in the system since I did not get that email.

    Every time I said what I am calling about is the email that went to everyone, he would respond that i didnt get any email since my order had not shipped yet. Finally I got him somehow to check his compuer and he said my order was in the system and would be fulfilled since was in in time but that it would be 6-8 weeks. I said what are you reading that says 6-8 weeks and he says the email that went out to everyone!!!! DUH

    So he says he can send me the text of that email direct which he does. Its just the text that has been reprinted here. Of course later that day, I also get the "official" 6-8 week email.

    The thing I was thinking this whole time is what do the "real" small business customers think about having to wait on hold about 20 min to check the status of their order because all of us TP people are flooding the phones. Not leaving a very good impression I don't think. And I also wonder how many IT people at the "enterprises" HP covets so much ordered a TP and have had to deal with this mess and will never use HP again if they can help it.
  11. #1791  
    I broke down and bought one on e-bay while I wait for my order, and you know what? I love it. For any of you without experience with the tablet yet, you should know a few things. WebOS on the touchpad runs worth crap as it comes stock. I'm not joking, it's terribly slow. The cards stutter when you swipe them and it feels like its running at 500 mhz and not 1.2ghz. Luckily you can overclock the processor up to 1.9ghz, I'm currently running this at 1.7. Once you apply all the developer patches and overclock it, it runs like a dream. It's not quite Ipad 2 fast, but it's fast enough to do anything you want. The cards move seamlessly and stuff opens so much quicker than stock. I think if there had been no option to streamline the touchpad I would have been dissapointed having paid 230 on ebay but after everything is said and done, I think the touchpad is worth atleast 350. It's too bad HP didn't make these improvements on their own, but outside of not having Netflix availability there's almost no reason for me to port Android when it's available (i'll do it anyway as long as it's dual boot). From someone who had never used one before, if your willing to tweak the touchpad it's deffinitely worth buying off e-bay if you have the funds to do it. Otherwise, in 6-8 weeks when you do get it you should apply the tweaks anyhow.
  12. jaif's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #1792  
    FWIW, I suspect the "majority" of the firesale orders went to people who want a $99/$149 portable browser/video player, and don't care at all about the OS.

    -Jeff
    FaMeRoKz likes this.
  13. #1793  
    Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    I broke down and bought one on e-bay while I wait for my order, and you know what? I love it. For any of you without experience with the tablet yet, you should know a few things. WebOS on the touchpad runs worth crap as it comes stock. I'm not joking, it's terribly slow. The cards stutter when you swipe them and it feels like its running at 500 mhz and not 1.2ghz. Luckily you can overclock the processor up to 1.9ghz, I'm currently running this at 1.7. Once you apply all the developer patches and overclock it, it runs like a dream. It's not quite Ipad 2 fast, but it's fast enough to do anything you want. The cards move seamlessly and stuff opens so much quicker than stock. I think if there had been no option to streamline the touchpad I would have been dissapointed having paid 230 on ebay but after everything is said and done, I think the touchpad is worth atleast 350. It's too bad HP didn't make these improvements on their own, but outside of not having Netflix availability there's almost no reason for me to port Android when it's available (i'll do it anyway as long as it's dual boot). From someone who had never used one before, if your willing to tweak the touchpad it's deffinitely worth buying off e-bay if you have the funds to do it. Otherwise, in 6-8 weeks when you do get it you should apply the tweaks anyhow.
    Oh, one other thing, the browser on this thing blows... it's really bad, not much good for anything besides browsing and you have to apply a patch to get Hulu working. It doesn't work right out the gate. Even with the overclock and patches, it still studders when you browse.
  14. #1794  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnypig View Post
    Just got off the phone with SMB Customer Service, whom I called to update my credit card information. I got that taken care of and I asked if the 6-8 weeks out was from when we got the emails or order date, and he said it was 6-8 weeks from date of order. Of course we all know how well HP has been so far............
    I highly doubt that. If that were the case I would assume that the 2 week email would be from the date of the order as well which would mean that those TP's should have been received. I could be wrong.
  15. #1795  
    Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    Oh, one other thing, the browser on this thing blows... it's really bad, not much good for anything besides browsing and you have to apply a patch to get Hulu working. It doesn't work right out the gate. Even with the overclock and patches, it still studders when you browse.
    Buy an iPad sell me your touchpad.

    sent from my thunderbolt
    daffy4u and fwinst like this.
  16. #1796  
    Oh, i forgot the funniest part of my recent phone call to small business ordering

    When trying to explain to the rep about the email that was supposed to go to everyone, I told him the reason they are getting so many calls is because of all of the conflicting information and that, at one point, the link in the order confirmation email said everyone would get an email in 72 hours and that didnt happen.

    The rep said yes he was aware that a lot of incorrect information had been posted and sent out in emails and on the web sites, but said i would be getting an email that explained everything. He agreed that EVERYTHING that had been previously sent out or on the web pages was incorrect Apologized that incorrect information had been given out. Said over and over that I would be getting an email that told me the status

    I said and this email will be coming from the same people that provided all of the incorrect information so far? Very long pause and finally said "yes sir"
  17. #1797  
    Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    you have to apply a patch to get Hulu working. It doesn't work right out the gate. Even with the overclock and patches, it still studders when you browse.
    Actually Hulu did work our of the box but Hulu blocked it after the influx of fire sale purchases. Now it works again with an easy to apply patch... nothing wrong with that.
  18. #1798  
    Finally, my first order status change since August 20th. I'm still in Admin, but instead of 'Date Will Follow' it says expected ship date 9/5, expected delivery date 9/9. Of course, I haven't received a tracking email, so I know it's not gonna actually be delivered today. I got the 2 week email last Friday. And the wait goes on...
  19. #1799  
    I understand HP has SERIOUS internal and external communication issues, but it seems like they have people wasting their time playing with customers' statuses rather than actually doing something useful.

    Mine was updated yet again, the rate is twice a day that they're putting wrong information into my account and then removing it again. What's the point of doing that?
    I think it's pretty obvious they haven't shipped it yet, so why change the status to look like it was shipped 4 days before the current date (repeatedly)?
    Oh - and it's not automated, as the times of day of the changes are random.
    See my signature for specifics.
    Ordered 8/20 11:30am, confirmation 8/20 8:25pm EST
    "in 2 weeks" email 9/2 6:12pm
    1st update (since order date) 9/8 10:23 GMT: status "admin", shipped 9/4, due 9/8.
    2nd 9/9 01:26 GMT: Ship date is blank & deliver date is "date will follow"
    3rd 9/9 08:02 GMT: Ship date 9/5, delivery 9/9
    4th 9/10 09:11 GMT: ship 9/6, deliver 9/10
    5th 9/11 08:41 GMT: 9/7, 9/11
    I've stopped trying to keep up (it actually updates twice a day, alternating between fake dates and "date will follow" as above.
  20. #1800  
    Well, I guess I was wrong. When I got home from work just now, there was a FedEx delivery slip stuck on my front door saying they tried to deliver a package. Looks like my Touchpad is finally here. I can pick it up after 4pm at their shipping center.

    Here's when I ordered, just so you can gauge your estimated status:

    Ordered at 10:30am on Sat. 8/20. Received confirmation email at 12pm the same day.
    Order # 43800**
    Received 2 week order email last Friday, a week ago today.
    Still says Admin on Order Status Page. Planned delivery date Sept. 9.
    Always said, 'Can't find order in Vista yadda yadda yadda'

    So, hoping all your other SMB'ers get yours soon as well.

Posting Permissions