Page 88 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398138 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    So am I the only one here who has not recevied the follow-up e-mail (orderd 8/21, 11:30 AM EDT PO # 441XXXX).
    Nope. Ordered 8/20 at 9:30 pm Pacific, 4395XXX
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FaMeRoKz View Post
    well look at this....

32gb its 168.00 lets put 170 to make it even..

10 weeks.....till black friday approx...

$ 30 set aside a week is $ 300.00

300 plus 170...i could own pretty much any tablet i desire

all within HP ' wonderful ' timeline.
    Right...and you will have waited even longer and spent $470. Your logic makes no sense.

If you're not willing to wait then just cancel so someone else can have your Touchpad.
    Last edited by Copa715; 09/08/2011 at 10:21 AM.
    cml21 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Check your "Junk" email folder. If nothing is there, I would wait until the end of the day. If you still haven't received anything, I'd call HP and ask about it.
    I called this morning, they really had nothing to say.
    For people asking about the CC hold, its been explained by HP and throughout this thread in length. They will continue to get the hold on your CC UNTIL the product ships. This is so that they get their money. They hold falls off, they re-auth and put it back on. If one gets denied or declined they will not ship your order and others will get your pad. It makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymouse View Post
    For people asking about the CC hold, its been explained by HP and throughout this thread in length. They will continue to get the hold on your CC UNTIL the product ships. This is so that they get their money. They hold falls off, they re-auth and put it back on. If one gets denied or declined they will not ship your order and others will get your pad. It makes sense.
    My only problem with this is that after a while the CC company may not accept the charge due to suspicious activity, then where will we be??
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    so i've gotten the email confirmation as well as the "6-8 week" email. however, my credit card hasn't been charged. there hasn't been any holds or anything like that. it's making me feel uneasy since a lot of you have been talking about the holds. anyone else in the same boat?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    I called this morning, they really had nothing to say.
    mrbjr#WN likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbjr View Post
    Yes, I received that email as well on Fri., and the recent email this morning. Sure is unclear what it all means. I ordered 2 16 gigs on Sat. the 20th and 2 32 gig units on Sun. the 21st. I am hoping that it means first two coming soon and the later order a few weeks later.. All in all very confusing to say the least!!!
    I ordered 32GB Touchpads on Sunday and got the 2 weeks email. From this I assume that people that ordered the 32GB model will get theirs sooner. Makes sense since demand for the cheaper 16GB has always been higher.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Well my TouchPad case from Provantage is arriving today and I received the email from them that the Touchstone from them is shipping today.

edit: What a crappy looking case. Not what I was expecting.
    Last edited by allowingtoo; 09/08/2011 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Copa715 View Post
    Right...and you will have waited even longer and spent $470. Your logic makes no sense.
    agreed. If you want a super-cheap HP touchpad with webos 3 and the chance to put android on it down the line once you get bored, then wait patiently. If, on the other hand, you are actually willing to spend 450+ on the tablet of ur choice, then godspeed. I personally would not be able to justifiy paying that much for a tablet. Put those $30/week into savings and buy urself a car in a few years...or spend it on drugas...not a tablet.
    My planned delivery day is changed to Sep. 8th today too..*** HP is going to do?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    My planned delivery day is changed to Sep. 8th today too..*** HP is going to do?
    Nothing!

Sent from my EPIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    If you enter your order number* on FedEx, you will see that nothing has been shipped.

* - Track by Reference, enter your order number with a leading 0 and 001 at the end (i.e., 0305XXXXX001, country and zip code.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown

If you're not willing to wait then just cancel so someone else can have your Touchpad.
    I am in the 6-8 weeks group, and I will hang in there, but for those who missed out, I have a feeling that they will get their TPs at about the same time as us, and for only a little bit more. Here is the timeline as I see it:

The people who got the 2 weeks letter will start receiving their TPs soon. A lot of those people ordered more than they needed, and those will end up on eBay. The $240 current price will drop, how far depends on how many TPs are out there and on the demand. I would guess you will see them in the $170-$200 price range within 3 weeks.

Then, a few weeks later, we will start getting our TPs. That will be a huge increase in supply that is out there in the market and a lot of them will hit eBay at that point. I think we are looking at $150 or less for Touchpads by the time we get our Touchpads. Maybe as low as $125, if there are people who ordered 20 who are worried about getting stuck with them as Black Friday approaches, and $250 Galaxy Tabs loom on the horizon.

So, in my opinion, those who missed out on the fun that weekend will nonetheless be able to get a Touchpad for only a little more than we paid. I could be wrong, if demand holds strong, it might stay above $200. But if I was doing an over/under, I'd take $140.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I ordered 32GB Touchpads on Sunday and got the 2 weeks email. From this I assume that people that ordered the 32GB model will get theirs sooner. Makes sense since demand for the cheaper 16GB has always been higher.
    Good theory, but...I ordered a 32gb on Sunday the 21st and got the 6-8 week email. So that doesn't seem to be the difference-maker.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisindy View Post
    Good theory, but...I ordered a 32gb on Sunday the 21st and got the 6-8 week email. So that doesn't seem to be the difference-maker.
    Same here.

I'm kinda wondering, after 88 pages of this thread, WHY is anyone still trying to make sense of HP's system? It can't be done. It's an enigma that will baffle mankind until the end of days. Might as well try to figure out where the edge of the universe is, or which came first, the chicken or the egg.
    Yes I Did likes this.
    WHY is anyone still trying to make sense of HP's system?

gotta pass the 6-8 weeks somehow

my theory is that someone out there shorted a hell of a lot of HP stock, then called up leo and threatened to release pictures of him with a dead hooker unless he destroyed the company
    USRobotics Palm Pilot -> Palm 3e -> Treo 180 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    bluenote and glabifrons like this.
    Why in world is anyone checking their orders and dates still? HP said that all of that was wrong, we all (well most) have emails saying 2-8 weeks to get them, and on top of that HP has said until you see the shipping notice you are not getting anything.

lulz...how does my logic make no sense?

you do realize other tablets will be coming out very soon?

you do realize the majority of the ppl who got a TP got it with hopes of seeing android on it?

u mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by FaMeRoKz View Post
    lulz...how does my logic make no sense?

you do realize other tablets will be coming out very soon?

you do realize the majority of the ppl who got a TP got it with hopes of seeing android on it?

u mad?
    strange comment. Forums and twitter littered with people who got it for webOS. And even those with hope of "seeing android"-plenty of comments from those about the beauty of webOS and how a dual boot is preferable to them than pure android.