Page 80 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    I'm trying to stay positive, but HP keeps making that very difficult. Still no email. I understand that large organizations dealing with thousands of customers move slowly at first, but usually they shift resources and get the job done eventually. I feel that in the end HP will eventually send us the touchpads. How long that will take is another issue. I will be shocked if they ship the touchpads to those who got the email within the two week window. Maybe by the end of October we will all have our touchpads and it will have been worth the wait. I sure hope so.
    That's great, and I understand they were overwhelmed and that they had to regroup and all, but as has been stated several times already, 2 weeks should have been more than enough time to understand what the situation was/is and communicate that to all of their customers. I mean they set the 8/22 0400 deadline relatively early - enough to know how many orders that had to fulfill, it's HP, not a mom and pop! Tell me what the hell is going on and confirm that I'm getting a TP. Nothing they've said, included stated cut-off time has assured me that I'll be getting a TP. Part of the confusion there is when I placed my ordered, and when HP "received" the order. I've read several posts saying CSR have said "....not to worry about that...." but it's not been said to me and I've not received anything confirming my TP will be coming. The only positive things I've been hearing is positive "opinions" by other posters - but that's worthless.

It boggles my mind that HP can't send out solid confirmation emails to all that ordered after over two weeks. Vent Vent Vent - guess the steams really built up.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    raraku, how did you add that signature line? I'd like to do that and suggest everyone else do it as well. When I look at my profile I don't see a place to add one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 482123 View Post
    So for all of us who didn't get the 2-week email on Friday, I wonder what the quality control will be on the TouchPads they are rushing to make for us.
    I am sure it will be just fine. Something like "well it fits in the box".
    So for all of us who didn't get the 2-week email on Friday, I wonder what the quality control will be on the TouchPads they are rushing to make for us.
    Couldn't agree more now that an HP Touchpad Issues thread has started.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I know this is crazy talk. But, wouldn't it have been better if HP informed us of shipping delays, and then kept us updated every couple of days with a "we're still working to fill your order. Sorry for the delay. While your waiting, here's a tip on how to use your new Touchpad to stream line your email..., or scheduling...or whatever." That way they'd take the pressure off their call centers, make their customer feel informed about status, AND keep the excitement going for the product. I know, crazy talk. What the heck was I thinking.......nevermind. Carry on.
    beasty43, raysgrumpy and Exbat like this.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I don't think they're rushing any of this. I think they're just fulfilling their contract. I doubt you'll see a difference. The manufacturers don't want to lose other potential clients because they made bad products for HP. They know that if these are made poorly, everyone will hear about it.
    Since they are honoring their 1 yr warranty, I don't think it (QC) will change now.
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26
    I think the quality will generally be the same. However, I doubt that they have the exact same number of every part, so there is a chance they may substitute some parts. I once had a '77 Buick Regal with a Chevrolet engine (yes, I'm that old). That was the last year for the body design and GM was mixing parts between the different brands. Something similar could happen here.
    Click on the "User CP" below the thread title at the top of this page. On the User CP page you'll see "Edit Signature" in the left hand column.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    Still waiting... no updates, no emails, no anything... there is still hope with the latest news, so I'm not going to worry too much but just be patient.
    Pending charge on my CC is gone, but my order status has been updated indicating my TP should arrive today

Web order #4403163...ordered on the 21st, but entered as the 22nd

My question is, for the folks like myself (ordered from SMB site) whose order doesn't get filled, do we get first crack at the 100-200K that are coming?
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    The TouchPads are getting cheaper on Amazon every day
    Just received the case from Cost Central. So, I now have it, the keyboard, and the Touchstone. But, uh, no TouchPad. Kudos, HP!
    Shiryayev likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    I think the quality will generally be the same. However, I doubt that they have the exact same number of every part, so there is a chance they may substitute some parts. I once had a '77 Buick Regal with a Chevrolet engine (yes, I'm that old). That was the last year for the body design and GM was mixing parts between the different brands. Something similar could happen here.
    The easiest things to swap for cheaper parts, I would imagine, would be the battery and the flash memory. Since they sold us 16 and 32 GB TouchPads, I don't think they can fudge that, but they might be able to sneak a lower-specced battery in there if they run short at the end of the run. Lots of people probably wouldn't even know the difference.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I'm thinking they're just making what they already have parts for; either on hand, or already ordered from the suppliers. I really doubt we'll see anything but what they've already used.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I'm thinking they're just making what they already have parts for; either on hand, or already ordered from the suppliers. I really doubt we'll see anything but what they've already used.
    I work in manufacturing and typically if you have to substitute, you sub-up. But there again, we are talking about HP right now aren't we! They've not really done anything with this whole fiasco typically...
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    Not to much action here today.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobg252 View Post
    Not to much action here today.
    Nope. Interestingly, our HP Twitter friends are no where to be found either. Just another day in the dark, damp HP customer basement.
    raraku likes this.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Just received the case from Cost Central. So, I now have it, the keyboard, and the Touchstone. But, uh, no TouchPad. Kudos, HP!
    hey same here! i just got my cases from cost central. ahhh where's my touchpad?!?!?!
    I've been following for a few weeks. I too have a case but held off on the touchstone. I have not received the 48 hour email yet.