Page 79 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    Ordered on 8/20 @ ~8pm, no e-mail yet.
    What is your Order Date and Time. I ordered around 10:30pm on 8/20, but didn't get my confirmation email until Sunday afternoon...with an Order date of 8/21 @ 3:04pm.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsigg12 View Post
    I think that the ones who they haven't cancelled are in line and they finally have something worked out. I wouldn't be surprised to hear something about it later this week.
    The problem is we DON'T know if something has been worked out. If they have worked something out, they would've known what that was last Friday when they sent out emails to some of the SMB customers waiting for status. If that is the case, or if they just got it figured out on Friday, then an email should be going out TOMORROW, not at the end of the week. At this point they should know what they are going to build, either because of their contractual commitments to their suppliers/manufacturers, or because of the number of components left in the supply chain. Either way, two plus weeks down the road, they should have a handle on what orders can be filled, and how much time it will take to do so. That information needs to passed on to the customers NOW.

I read an earlier post in this thread from a potential enterprise/software customer who passed on HP (initially HP was their 1st choice) after dealing with their inept sales and support staff. I also read today that a large client of HP ($25 mil a year) is holding off on purchasing anything else from HP because of the way in which they dropped the bomb about getting out of the hardware business. I'm thinking the stockholders and Board of Directors needs to take a good hard look at their new CEO.

Soooo, at this point (2 weeks into the order process), I feel that those of us that remain uninformed of the status of our orders have the right to feel and express a bit of our disappointment. Do I still want the TPs I ordered? Absolutely. Will I be mad if I don't get them until October? No. Just let me know what's going on, and when I can expect my order to ship, instead of changing my Expected ship/delivery date by one day, everyday.

By the way, I am NOT angry with the CSR's that field the calls every day. There is nothing they can do but watch this fiasco unfold. So if you do call to ask about your status tomorrow, or to ask about the email that didn't come, be kind to the CSR that fields your call. This isn't any fun for them either.

NOTE: My status just changed to "Date Will Follow" again. By tomorrow morning it will be an expected delivery date of 9/6/2011 (tomorrows date). That's 7 days in a row.
    I'm just glad to have scored a 32GB off craigslist, because now I can comfortably watch the SMB drama unfold

btw I received the "2 week fulfillment" email last Friday for my 2 16GB SMB touchpads
    ordered online on 8/21... took til 8/25 to get a confirmation and passthru to order mgmt, order status now says: ship 9/10, delivery 9/13. Maybe I'll actually get one...
    Been checking my HP order status a few times daily now since the 20th. I've actually gone almost 24 hours without checking it. Going to try for 2 days.....
    did any one who ordered from hp smb actually get a touchpad ????
    i ordered on 8/20 32 GB still waiting
    Last edited by xolga; 09/06/2011 at 12:43 AM.
    Mine says it should ship today 9/6 with a delivery date of 9/7 so here's hoping.
    Don't worry everyone, i am sure Hp will figure out today they have poor communication skills and make sure everyone knows what is happening over there before the end of business today.
    (jk)
    mortymouse likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underwaterdan View Post
    Don't worry everyone, i am sure Hp will figure out today they have poor communication skills and make sure everyone knows what is happening over there before the end of business today.
    (jk)
    With the efficiency that HP runs, we will have our Touchpads by Lunch.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    underwaterdan likes this.
    I ordered on 8/20 at around 10:30am. I got a confirmation email the same day. I got the 'two week' email on 9/2 at 4:51pm. I called HP SMB last week, finally got through to a real living human being and they saw my order in the system and said all is well. On one of the Order Status pages, my order number 4380*** says 'Can't be found in the Vista yada yada' and the other Order Status has never changed from Admin, Date Will Follow.

I'm sure I'll be getting one eventually, so I'm just going to patient, not freak out at SMB or HP, not call their CSR's every five minutes and not check my order status every five minutes.

I suggest some of you do the same for the sake of your sanity.

One day we'll look back on these few Touchpad centered weeks and think, "What was all the fuss about?"
    torrguy likes this.
    Another week, another time of silence.
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underwaterdan View Post
    (jk)
    lmao
    torrguy likes this.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Thought I'd call and see if HP had anything new to say this week.......nope. Same old, same old. I asked about status emails, and the response I got was, "We're working on that now. But it's very difficult to get them out." HUNH?!?! I think it's just the response of a CSR that doesn't know what to say. I wouldn't waste your time calling today. I'm hoping we'll hear something by Thursday, at the latest. From what I'm gathering, they ran out of whatever stock just came in. So, if you didn't get an email, I'd be willing to bet that you'll see your TP around Halloween. The CSR I spoke to DID say that all orders received by 8/22 at 4am will be filled either by what they just got in, or by the TP's now being built.
    HP was only planning to sell the remaining inventory that was already produced but not deliver to the ware house yet but as everybody knows now they will be producing 100-200K more units to meet demand. As said on Twitter and HP's Next Bench blog it may take 6-8 weeks, so sit back and enjoy the ride because if you don't have one yet you should have it before Christmas! My brother works at HP and was just a little upset that they didnt give him a chance to buy one. My last email from him was before they announced they were building more and he told me that HP was giving the employees first chance on the ones that were on the boat already and the rumor was they would continue production so they wouldn't have to buy out their contracts, and now we know that is what is happening. I haven't been contact since because I'm too busy so I don't know if the boat came in and if he got one yet.

Now to those who couldn't get an order in it is unknown if there will be any left to sell after they fill all the back orders.
    I'm trying to stay positive, but HP keeps making that very difficult. Still no email. I understand that large organizations dealing with thousands of customers move slowly at first, but usually they shift resources and get the job done eventually. I feel that in the end HP will eventually send us the touchpads. How long that will take is another issue. I will be shocked if they ship the touchpads to those who got the email within the two week window. Maybe by the end of October we will all have our touchpads and it will have been worth the wait. I sure hope so.
    This morning I just had a thought that if I'd not already purchased TP accessories, I would probably be canceling my order this week.

My excitement about getting a tablet has slowly died over the past two weeks bringing me to today. Once more looking at the posts of others, like me, that are just as frustrated. How has looking at this thread become part of my daily routine?

Makes me wonder, if I went back in time to when I was deciding whether or not to make the purchase, and factored in that I'd have to wait weeks or even months before receiving it, AND during that time I'd not even be assured by HP that I'd be getting one, would I still have ordered it.

I'm hoping that once/if it finally gets here, all excitement a new toy will come back, but the way I feel right now, I feel like this whole post purchase experience might be enough to sour the whole thing - I'm just venting.

I kinda which HP would sell the WebOS to some other company and then that company builds it up to rival Apple's Tablet market share - just to really highlight HP's incompetence. end vent.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    Another week, another time of silence.
    You'll receive your answer "in the coming weeks."
    On the theory that every cloud has a silver lining, by the time HP delivers the balance of the Tpads existing software will be updated and new programs will be available.

Think about how much frustration you are avoiding not messing with Beta versions of software and posting to the boards about the problems.
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    This morning I just had a thought that if I'd not already purchased TP accessories, I would probably be canceling my order this week.
    My excitement has also been fading. I wouldn't go as far as canceling the order, but I must admit that I have been debating selling it on ebay if I do get it and the going price is still twice what I paid. I doubt the current ebay prices will hold and I doubt I will sell it even if they do, but I am considering it now, where I wouldn't have two weeks ago.
    So for all of us who didn't get the 2-week email on Friday, I wonder what the quality control will be on the TouchPads they are rushing to make for us.
    torrguy and glabifrons like this.